Healthy Whole Wheat Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins are a moist, sweet, and cinnamony start to a beautiful day.
And are always on my baking list. With my two guys, a husband and our son, they consume breakfast. Well, lunch, dinner, and treats too — but let’s not go there!
What I Love About These Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- They’re healthy with whole grains, fiber, and blueberries.
- Easy to bake a batch or even two.
- Quick to prep and they bake in about 18 minutes in my oven.
- I love to keep these muffins in the freezer for a quick, grab and go breakfast. They keep up to 3 months.
Freezing the Muffins
I tend to bake a lot. As I mentioned, these guys of mine eat a lot so I learned early to keep baked goods in the freezer. Muffins are easy to bake and they freeze wonderfully.
Store in a gallon size freezer ziplock bag for up to 3 months, for best flavor.
To reheat and defrost, microwave for about 45 seconds, give or take a few depending on your microwave.
More Muffin Recipes at 31Daily
- Healthy Banana Ginger Muffins
- German Apple Streusel Muffins
- Banana Nut Bread Muffins
- Strawberry Muffins
Healthy Blueberry Muffins for a Morning Treat
The next time you’re in the mood for baking, these muffins should be on your list. They’re healthy and incredibly delicious.
So brew some coffee or tea — or make that latte (me, every morning) and find a warm place to sit, relax and enjoy.
Or more likely — grab that muffin and coffee and head out the door!
Have a wonderful day!
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen and thawed)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease the bottoms of a 12-cup muffin tin, or line with paper cups. Set aside.
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour and the whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center and add the milk, oil, and beaten egg. Stir until just combined. The batter should be lumpy. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among the muffin tins, I like to use a cookie scoop. Sprinkle with brown sugar if desired. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove muffins from the pan to cool.
For longer storage, they keep in the freezer for up to 3 months for best flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 4g