These June Mediterranean Dinners are summery, healthy, simple to make, light, and flavorful with the essence of the Mediterranean. Weeknight dinners everyone will love from bowls to the grill and salads to wraps. There’s something for everyone this week.
When spring gives way to summer, meals transition with the calendar. Light, flavorful, super simple recipes that taste delicious are the order of the day.
And dinners? For me, there is nothing more delicious than meals inspired by the Mediterranean areas of Spain, Italy, and Greece.
The Mediterranean Diet is a popular and healthy way of eating. Not only is it heart healthy but helps manage diabetes and glucose, and may also reduce the risk of developing cancer.
Due to its combination of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds, and omega-3 fatty acids, the Mediterranean Diet promotes optimal brain and mental health as well.
But what I love most about the Mediterranean style of eating is that it promotes community, the gathering together of people to share a healthy, flavorful, simple meal.
That, to me, is summer personified.
What to Stock for a Summer Mediterranean Pantry
As we ease into summer, here are some ideas on stocking your summer pantry with healthy Mediterranean Diet focused foods for quick and healthy meals:
- Beans and Legumes (dried and canned): black beans, cannellini, chickpeas, navy beans, pinto beans, and lentils
- Canned Fish: clams, salmon, sardines, sustainable tuna
- Cheeses: feta, goat cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan
- Yogurt: plain Greek yogurt
- Dried Fruit: apricots, blueberries, cherries, figs, raisins, and prunes
- Oils: olive oil, grapeseed oil, and avocado oil
- Vinegar: balsamic and red wine vinegar
- Olives: Castelvetrano, kalamata, Nicoise
- Nuts and Seeds: almonds, pine nuts, pistachios, sesame seeds, walnuts
- Whole Grains: brown rice, bulgur, farro, millet, pasta, quinoa, cornmeal
- Tomatoes: canned, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and sun-dried tomatoes
RELATED: More 31Daily Dinner Ideas >>
Deliver to Your Email!
Deliver these weekly dinner menus to your email inbox Sunday mornings. Tap the box below!
June Mediterranean Dinners: What to Cook (June 13)
More Weekly Dinner Plans
Check out all our weekly dinner meal plans here……