Porchetta Pork Tenderloin is an Italian savory and tender boneless pork with traditional spices of rosemary, fennel, thyme, and garlic. Wrapped in bacon and served over mashed potatoes, it’s a feast for the eyes as well the palate.
PORK TENDERLOIN MARINADE
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. pork tenderloin
- 4 slices bacon, uncooked
ITALIAN SALSA VERDE
- 2 teaspoons oregano, minced
- 3 tablespoons Italian flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons capers, minced
- 1/2 orange, juice and zest
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Toss chopped garlic, chopped rosemary, fennel seeds, thyme, chili flakes, zest, salt, and 1 tablespoon oil in a small bowl or into a food processor. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Marinade: Rub the herb mixture over the tenderloin and refrigerate at least an hour before cooking and up to 24 hours before cooking.
- For the Tenderloin: Wrap the bacon slices around the tenderloin, tucking the ends underneath the pork so that the bacon stays in place. Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over the top.
- Roast: Roast in a preheated oven until it reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees F; about 35 to 40 minutes. When the pork tenderloin is done and the juices run clear, transfer to a cutting board and let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- For the Italian Salsa Verde: Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Serve over smashed potatoes, polenta, roasted potatoes rice, or quinoa. Top with Italian salsa verde.
PORK TENDERLOIN TEMPERATURE:
I like my pork tenderloin well done. But if you don’t mind seeing a little pink in the tenderloin, cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 140 to 145 degrees. (The FDA recommends an internal temperature of 145 degrees). Begin checking the temperature at 20 minutes.
- Calories: 466
Keywords: pork tenderloin recipe, porchetta pork tenderloin