These 20 Minute Skillet Dinners are packed with delicious summer flavors and will keep your kitchen cool. Quick and easy meals for the week, including ideas for Juneteenth.
When the sun begins to sizzle, it’s time to keep the kitchen cool. Light, flavorful meals, packed with summer seasonal vegetables are perfect for these beautiful days.
If you’re celebrating, Epicurious writes that “Often the foods you’ll find at a Juneteenth celebration are symbolic: There’ll be dishes that represent prosperity (collard greens, black-eyed peas), and red foods and drinks (like the Strawberry Lemonade in our menu this week) that have been served at special occasions throughout the African diaspora.”
6 Ways to Keep the Kitchen Cool on Summer Days
As the weather turns warmer, and the summer sun sizzles, dinners should be light and quick. Or at least contain the heat without warming up the kitchen. Here are some of my favorite ways to cook dinner in the summer:
- No-Cook Meals: like salads, charcuterie boards, or meals made with leftover cooked meat (like rotisserie chicken I’ve shredded and frozen for quick meals).
- Grilled: any time you can cook outdoors, the kitchen stays blissfully cool!
- Stovetop: Quick stovetop dinners (like these 20 Minute Skillet Dinners) are wonderfully simple and keeps the oven off.
- Instant Pot: One of my favorite summer appliances as it keeps the kitchen cool in the summer.
- Slow Cooker: Although we often think of the slow cooker with simmering stew and warm comfort food, it’s a good way to keep the heat retained and cook delicious foods in the summer.
- Freezer Meals: on cooler days, assemble and cook meals that can be easily reheated, even in the microwave. Planning pays off here!
RELATED: More 31Daily Dinner Ideas >>
Deliver to Your Email!
Deliver these weekly dinner menus to your email inbox Sunday mornings. Tap the box below!
More Weekly Dinner Plans
Check out all our weekly dinner meal plans here……