On summer’s warmest days, this No Churn Watermelon Ice Cream with hints of lime will be a refreshing, utterly delicious, 5 ingredient dessert that takes you maybe 10 minutes to make, plus freezing time.
It tastes like a cool summer breeze in every bite. And with hardly any work to make it, I think you’ll find yourself with this homemade ice cream in your freezer all season.
Truly, this Watermelon Ice Cream is such a treat. And easy? Oh my, yes!
While there will always be a place for an ice cream maker in my kitchen, I have to admit that no churn ice cream is a dream to make.
If watermelon isn’t your thing, you might like to try these flavors instead: No Churn Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream is amazing, but so is Summer Berry No Churn Ice Cream, or the Simple No-Churn Blueberry Ice Cream!
And for something a bit out of the norm, No Churn Irish Coffee Ice Cream is a delicious, refreshing twist on the always popular coffee ice cream.
What to Love About No Churn Watermelon Ice Cream
- No ice cream maker needed
- Takes 10 minutes (if that) to make
- Has only 5 ingredients
- It is summer!
Watermelon Ice Cream Ingredients
The exact measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post, but here is all you need to make your own no churn ice cream at home.
- Watermelon: Choose a mini seedless watermelon that when tapped has a deep, hollow sound, is heavy for its size (this means it’s juicy), and has a creamy, yellow spot on its underbelly, which helps indicate the watermelon is ripe.
- Lime: You will use the juice of one lime so choose one that also feels heavy for its size and has a pleasant citrus aroma.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: for sweet and creamy ice cream.
- Vanilla Extract: for flavor.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: for loft and volume.
What Equipment is Needed to Make No Churn Ice Cream?
As mentioned, you do not need an ice cream maker. Here are helpful tools in making this simple summer dessert:
- Mixing bowls
- Electric hand mixer (or a stand mixer using the whisk attachment)
- Fine mesh strainer
- Insulated ice cream tub or metal pan
How to Make No Churn Watermelon Ice Cream
This simple process will make the most delicious summer dessert.
Step 1: Cube and puree the watermelon
After cubing the watermelon and removing most of the seeds, add it along with the juice of a lime to a high-speed blender. Don’t worry if there are still seeds in the watermelon, you will strain the mixture before making the ice cream.
Once pureed, pour the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl. Press the pulp until most of the liquid has been pressed through, leaving only the remaining seeds and pulp.
Step 2: Mix the ingredients
Stir the sweetened condensed milk into the watermelon puree.
Step 3: Whip the cream
Using a hand mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. You know it’s ready when you lift up the beat and the peaks remain stiff. Fold gently into the watermelon mixture.
Step 4: Freeze
Once combined, transfer the ice cream into an insulated ice cream tub (you can see my favorite in the recipe card below) or a plastic wrap lined metal pan and freeze for at least 4 to 6 hours. My preference is definitely to freeze overnight.
- 4 cups watermelon cubes, seeds removed
- 1 lime, juiced (or more to taste)
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Add the watermelon cubes and lime juice to a blender and liquify. Using a fine-mesh strainer, pour the watermelon and lime juice through the strainer into a large bowl. Press the remaining pulp through the strainer to squeeze as much liquid as possible into the bowl.
- Stir the sweetened condensed milk into the watermelon lime juice until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the heavy whipping cream. Using a hand mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to overwhip the cream. When you pull up the beater, the cream should retain its stiff peak, that's when you know it's done.
- With a spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the watermelon mixture. Combine slowly to retain the whip in the cream but the mixture will be fairly liquid.
- Transfer the mixture to an insulated ice cream tub or a metal tub and freeze for 4 to 6 hours. My preference is overnight.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 68mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 0gSugar: 29gProtein: 5g
More Recipes You May Also Enjoy
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!