Add some variety to your desserts this 4th of July with these 15 showstopping, patriotic goodies. From cupcakes to pretzels, pies to ice cream, cookies to berries — 31Daily has you covered. Lots of inspiration for holiday sweets and American pride.
1. Fourth of July Sparkler Cake
White chocolate-dipped pretzels line the outside of the moist vanilla cake. This dessert will surely be the main attraction of your 4th of July menu.
Get the recipe at Sprinkle Some Fun.
2. Jam & Cream Cheese Pastry Pinwheels
Here’s your go-to summer party shortcut: these jam pinwheels, dreamed up by Kayley McCabe of the blog Handmade Charlotte. Bonus: They’re ready in less than 30 minutes.
Get the recipe at Handmade Charlotte.
3. Patriotic Cupcakes
Keep it classic and simple with this made-from-scratch cupcake recipe—top your treats with mini American flags!
4. Patriotic Pretzels
These pretzels are the perfect addition to a festive red, white, and blue party.
5. Piña Colada Cupcakes
You may not be at the beach for the 4th of July, but escape to a tropical getaway when you taste these piña colada-inspired cupcakes.
6. Red, White, and Blueberry Ice Cream Pie
This gluten-free pie is the perfect centerpiece for any table. It looks so good, you won’t want to share.
7. American Flag Cake
Give guests a surprise when they cut into the cake.
Get the recipe at Food 52.
Food 52 has some amazing recipes and home goods. Click the logo above to view.
8. Ooey Gooey Bars
The Classic Rice Crispy Bar with a bright and patriotic twist.
Get the recipe at The Gunny Sack.
9. Angel Food Cake with Coconut Whipped Cream and Berries
This light and airy cake is studded with berries and filled with homemade coconut cream.
Get the recipe at Blahnik Baker.
10. Cupcakes in a Jar
Patriotic Cupcakes in mini mason jars.
Get the recipe at The TomKat Studio.
11. Red, White, and Blue Bark
Vanilla candy coating, sprinkles, and Oreos combine to make a seriously sweet snack.
12. American Pie
There isn’t a better combination that summer berries, the 4th of July… and pie.
Get the recipe at The Secret Life of a Chef’s Wife.
13. Snack Mix
Bag up this all-American mix as a gift, or display it in a large bowl on your table.
14. American Flag Sugar Cookies
Show off your stars and stripes with these flag sugar cookies.
Get the recipe on Tune ‘n Fork.
15. Red White and Blue Poke Cake
Made with a sweet whipped topping, cake mix, chocolate pudding, and fresh berries, this cake is worthy of its own celebration.
Get the recipe at Betty Crocker.
16. Blackberry Cobbler with Ginger Biscuits
I know we said 15 — but here’s a bonus 16 — because we love it so much!
Related Patriotic Stories at 31Daily
- Celebrating Memorial Day: Food and Inspirations
- Refreshing Patriotic Beverages the Whole Family Will Love
- How Great is America?
- 12 Best 4th of July Firework Shows
- 15 Showstopping Fourth of July Desserts
- 10 Easy DIY Patriotic Crafts
- A Summer Patriotic Porch
- Poll – Will You Fly U.S. Flag?
- Flag Day Celebrates Symbol of American Freedom for 239 Years
- 10 Freedoms
- Remembering Memorial Day: 7 Ways to Celebrate
- How to Fly the U.S. Flag on Patriotic Holidays