This No Bake Cheesecake is a 10-minute prep (plus chilling time), no-bake, foolproof way to make cheesecake, the easy way. And, it’s utterly delicious. Utterly simple. And one you’ll make often!
With its melt-in-your-mouth sweet and velvety filling, it will become a favorite!
Perfect for the warm months when you want to keep the oven off — and still have a decadent treat.
While traditional cheesecakes are incredibly yummy, they can be challenging even for the pros. In this no-bake cheesecake recipe, there is no water bath method to employ, no risk of the surface cracking, and the oven, as mentioned, remains off.
It’s a win you’ll love this summer!
What to Love About No Bake Cheesecake
- 10 minutes (or less) to prep, plus chilling time
- Make ahead perfect
- So, so simple!
What is No-Bake Cheesecake?
It’s a cheesecake, made in about 10 minutes, that requires no oven, no baking, and very little time. Much like my No Bake 3 Ingredient Chocolate Pie, this dessert is made with simple ingredients, a few turns of a spatula, and chilling time.
It’s simple, it’s beautiful, and perfect for those days when you crave homemade cheesecake but want it quick and easy.
What You Need to Make this Simple No Bake Cheesecake
These simple ingredients will transform into a decadent, creamy cheesecake you’ll love. Here are the ingredients needed. The exact measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post:
- Cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- Ready-made graham cracker crust
- Sour cream
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon juice
- Whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- Toppings, optional
Tips for Making a Perfect No Bake Cheesecake
This classic No Bake Cheesecake is incredibly easy to make. Here are some tips to make it foolproof:
- Be sure to use pure cream cheese and not cream cheese spread.
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature (see methods for doing this below). This will help provide a smooth and velvety texture.
- Using chilled cream cheese will result in a lumpy cheesecake.
- I prefer powdered sugar (or confectioners’ sugar) to granulated sugar as it helps give a smoother texture to the cheesecake. Either work though.
Mixing the Filling
- Fold the ingredients together by hand, or carefully use a hand mixer. The more the ingredients are worked, the softer the cheesecake texture will be.
- Allow at least 6 hours to chill the No Bake Cheesecake. I prefer to make it the day before and let it chill overnight for crisp slices.
There are several ways to serve this cheesecake. Be sure to add the topping before serving.
In the summer months, I love blueberry topping, which is what I’ve used here. You can make your own or buy a ready-made blueberry pie filling (strawberry and cherry work deliciously too).
Or, you can serve with fresh berries, like strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries– which reminds me of another super easy summer dessert I love that also features fresh berries– Simple Berry Trifle Recipe!
Can I Substitute Whipped Cream for Whipped Topping?
Absolutely. However, be sure to use cold heavy whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks form. This step is essential as it gives structure and thickness to the cheesecake. If the cream isn’t whipped until stiff peaks form, it will not set as it should.
How to Bring Cream Cheese to Room Temperature
There are a couple of ways to bring cream cheese to room temperature.
Here are a few methods that work:
- Place cream cheese, in its foil wrapping, in a bowl. Cover with warm water and let sit about 10 minutes.
- Remove cream cheese from its packaging and set it on a plate. Microwave on high for 15 seconds. Flip over and test the middle. Continue microwaving in 10-second increments until softened. Error on the side of caution, it’s better to be a bit colder in the middle than melted!
- Cube method: cut the cream cheese into cubes and let sit on the counter until it comes to room temperature. By cubbing, more surface is exposed to air and softens to room temperature more quickly than the entire block.
Can You Freeze a No-Bake Cheesecake?
A no-bake cheesecake freezes really well whether you freeze the entire cheesecake or even in slices.
Here are a few tips:
- Freeze the cheesecake without topping.
- Use an airtight container for a firm foundation for the cheesecake.
- If not using an airtight container, freeze on a cake board, double wrap in plastic wrap, and foil.
- It will keep for up to 2 months in the freezer.
To thaw a frozen no bake cheesecake, and refrigerate overnight.
More No Bake Recipes You May Also Enjoy
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (8-oz) container whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 9 or 10-inch ready made graham cracker crust
- With a spoon or using a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice until smooth and combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Transfer the cheesecake filling into a ready-made graham cracker crust and smooth the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight to set.
- Before serving, add toppings.
- Pie filling (I've used blueberry here)
- Piping of whipped cream
- Fresh berries
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g