This Peppermint No Bake Cheesecake is a 10-minute prep (plus chilling time), no-bake, foolproof way to make cheesecake for the holidays. It’s easy, utterly delicious, and simple. And invokes all things Christmas… and festive!
Do you ever take a bite of something that absolutely puts you in a place, with a person, invokes a memory… or simply make you extremely happy?
This no bake cheesecake is that for me during Christmas. I think I might even hear Jingles Bells playing in the back of my mind with every bite.
I’m not weird… it’s just a fun, easy, festive dessert during this most wonderful time of the year.
There is a lot about the holiday that isn’t extremely easy– the elaborate feasts we prepare, the gifts, the entertaining, Uncle Bob and his, shall we say, “creative stories?”
This easy holiday dessert, then, is a reprieve. Because truly, this is ONE thing that is VERY easy.
If you love my 10 Minute No Bake Cheesecake with a simple berry topping, this is very similar. The method is the same, but I’ve added additional festive add ins, much like Peppermint Bark, melted white chocolate, dark chocolate, and crushed candy canes.
Equally simple to make– and quite wonderful to serve!
What to Love About Christmas Cheesecake
- So delicious, like me, you might hear your favorite Christmas song playing in the back of your mind. (Kind of kidding, but it IS festive!)
- 10 minutes (or less) to prep, plus chilling time
- Easy to make ahead for the holidays
- Incredibly simple to make with zero fuss!
What is No-Bake Cheesecake?
This no bake cheesecake is a simple dessert, made in about 10 minutes, that requires no oven, no baking, and very little prep time. Similar to my No Bake 3 Ingredient Chocolate Pie, this dessert is made with simple, ready-to-go ingredients, plus a few whisks and turns of a spatula.
Store in the refrigerator until chilled, and it’s ready to go!
All You Need to Make Peppermint No Bake Cheesecake
These simple ingredients will transform into a decadent, creamy cheesecake you’ll love. Here are the ingredients needed. The exact measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post:
- Cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 10-inch ready-made chocolate graham cracker crust or chocolate cookie crust
- White chocolate plus a splash of milk for melting
- Sour cream
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Mint extract for holiday flavor (I use Peppermint)
- Crushed candy canes and shaved or chopped chocolate (or you could finely chop pre-prepared Peppermint Bark too)
- Whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
Tips for Making Peppermint No Bake Cheesecake
This variation of a classic no bake cheesecake is equally simple to make. These tips will make make it foolproof!
- Be sure to use pure cream cheese and not cream cheese spread. I’ve not tested this with lower fat cream cheese.
- Use room temperature for a smooth and velvety texture. If it’s too cold, it will result in a lumpy cheesecake.
- We’re using powdered sugar for the smoothest texture. But you can substitute granulated sugar if that’s what you have on hand.
- Allow at least 4 hours to chill this Peppermint No Bake Cheesecake. Very often I make it the day before.
Just before serving, I like to add additional piping of whipped topping around the edges and scatter more crushed candy canes and shaved chocolate on top.
Be creative, though. If you’re using preprepared peppermint bark, some wedges on each serving would be super cute and delicious. As would a drizzle of chocolate sauce too.
Peppermint No Bake Cheesecake Questions & Tips
Absolutely. However, be sure to use cold heavy whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks form. This step is essential as it gives structure and thickness to the cheesecake. If the cream isn’t whipped until stiff peaks form, it will not set as it should.
This will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container. Which makes it perfect for the holidays!
I would definitely recommend using softened or room temperature cream cheese. This will give you THE best velvety texture. Read below for tips on safely bringing cream cheese to room temperature.
Absolutely! No bake cheesecake freezes really well in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
How to Bring Cream Cheese to Room Temperature
Cream cheese can sit outside the refrigerator for up to 2 hours. But here are a couple of ways to more quickly and safely soften it.
- Place cream cheese in its foil wrapping in a bowl. Cover with warm water and let sit for 10 minutes until it’s softened. This is my preferred method. Be sure the water isn’t too warm so you don’t accidently melt the cream cheese.
- If you would prefer to let it come to room temperature naturally, cut the cream cheese into cubes and let sit on the counter until it softens. This exposes more surface to air and softens more quickly than the entire block.
How to Freeze a No-Bake Cheesecake
The beauty of freezing no bake cheesecake is that you can freeze the entire dessert or individual slices.
Here are a few tips:
- Freeze the cheesecake without any toppings.
- Use an airtight container if possible, this provides a firm foundation for the cheesecake. Otherwise, freeze on a cake board and double wrap it in plastic wrap and foil for up to 2 months.
To thaw, refrigerate overnight.
More No Bake Recipes You May Also Enjoy
- 10 Minute No Bake Cheesecake
- No Bake 3 Ingredient Chocolate Pie
- Easy No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Blackberry No Bake Cheesecake
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ tablespoons cream or milk
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chocolate
- 1 (8-oz) container whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 10-inch ready-made chocolate cookie crust
- In a medium bowl, stir together white chocolate and 1 1/2 tablespoons of milk. Microwave on high for 40 seconds, and stir until smooth. If the chocolate has not melted, microwave for another 15 seconds. Chill to cool to room temperature as you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat on high the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, and mint extract until smooth and light; 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the cooled white chocolate until incorporated.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping, crushed candy canes, and chocolate shavings.
- Transfer the cheesecake filling into a ready-made chocolate cookie crust and smooth the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or preferably overnight to set.
- Before serving, add additional toppings.
- Additional piping of whipped cream
- Crushed candy canes
- Shaved or finely chopped chocolate
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g