No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are a decadently delicious 5 ingredient treat made in 1 bowl, in minutes (plus chilling time). They’re thick, rich, and rather addictively incredible.
Chocolate and peanut butter is a heavenly match. Addictively delicious, they just go together like two peas in a pod or like peanut butter and jelly. Or… if you’re like my dad, peanut butter and banana. I know, some of you are raising your eyebrows! It’s seriously his favorite thing.
Me? It’s chocolate and peanut butter, hands down. Every Halloween, Reese’s peanut butter cups, first (and often only) candy of the evening. With a few secret preview bites on the days preceding.
And Christmas? Oh my, yes. I used to make Chocolate Peanut Butter truffles from, I think, a recipe my grandmother passed along. Those, I could never stop nibbling on! Essentially, they were the filling of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, rolled into truffle shapes, and dipped in chocolate.
These No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are way easier. Like, easy as in make them for movie night, a Friday treat, easy back to school afternoon treats.
But also holidays for absolute sure. And delicious enough to make as gifts too.
At my house, I cut these bars small because, well, let’s just say they don’t last more than minutes and arguments can happen over that last square.
What are these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars?
No bake chocolate peanut butter bars are a simple combination of chocolate, peanut butter, crushed grahams and confectioners sugar. Easy to make in a bowl with a spoon.
The thick peanut butter filling is then topped with a velvety smooth chocolate layer you will absolutely love. Think… Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.
If you love sea salt, you’ll notice I’ve sprinkled a few sea salt flakes on top of the bars. It takes these delicious bar cookies up yet another notch, which is hard to believe. You’ll have to trust me on this until you try them.
Decadent chocolate peanut butter bars… ready and waiting to be made with 5 simple ingredients you likely have on hand. Yum!
Best Reasons to Love These Peanut Butter Bars
- Easy to make with a bowl and spoon
- Contain 5 simple pantry ingredients
- Perfect for holidays or… just because!
- Make ahead and freeze for the holidays
- No oven needed
- Minutes to make (plus chilling time)
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar Ingredients
Here are the 5 ingredients needed to make these delicious no bake chocolate peanut butter bars.
- Melted Butter: Butter binds the peanut butter filling together. If you use unsalted butter, add 1/4 teaspoon salt with the ingredients.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: Crushed Graham crackers adds structure and texture to the filling. You can crush your own crumbs from a sleeve of graham crackers or use boxed graham cracker crumbs from the store for an easy add.
- Peanut Butter: The co-star of these delicious bars. I like to use a simple peanut butter (like Skippy’s) instead of natural peanut butters that contain additional oil.
- Powdered Sugar: Adds stability and sweetness.
- Chocolate Chips: Melted, they become the top layer of this decadent treat.
How to Make No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
This easy no bake treat is made in three steps; the filling, the chocolate topping, and chilling.
Step 1: Peanut Butter Filling
Melt the butter and mix with the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and peanut butter. Press into an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan (I’m using a 9-inch pan).
Step 2: Chocolate Layer
Melt remaining peanut butter with chocolate chips. Pour over the peanut butter layer.
Step 3: Chill
Chill in the refrigerator until set, then cut into squares.
Love Bar Cookies?
I do too! Maybe because they’re easy and always delicious. But if you’re a fan and want to try more, my Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are a particular favorite at my house. I love the Sugar Cookie Bars with Buttercream Frosting with their simple vanilla flavoring and the little kids in my life love Vonnie’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars too!
More Recipes You May Also Enjoy
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs, about 8 full sheets
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons peanut butter (creamy or chunky), divided
- 1 and 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a square baking pan (8×8 or 9×9 inch) with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar. Stir in 1 cup peanut butter. Press evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- On the stove or in a microwave, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut butter with the chocolate chips. Stir until smooth and spread over the peanut butter layer.
- Chill in the refrigerator until completely firm, about 1 to 2 hours. Cut into squares.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g