This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Nothing heralds the holidays quite like cranberries. And oranges. And treats. These Cranberry Crumb Bars with Cinnamon and Ginger have both, and deliciously ushers in the most wonderful time of the year.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
The cranberry filling is sweetly spiced with cinnamon, ginger, and the zest of an orange. Every bite, truly, takes like Christmas.
To me, oranges and the holidays just belong together. Every year I dry orange slices to hang on my kitchen Christmas tree and string cranberries along its branches.
These Cranberry Crumb Bars remind me of that sweet tradition. Baking in a kitchen filled with the scents and natural elements of the holidays is a beautiful thing.
Easy to make, I like to bake a double batch, serve some for Thanksgiving, and freeze the rest for Christmas. They make excellent sweet and savory gifts for neighbors, friends, and co-workers.
More Dessert Recipes To Try!
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Cranberry Crumb Bars with Cinnamon and Ginger
Cookie Crumb Layer
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 13×9 inch pan with parchment paper. Let paper extend over the sides for easy removal after it’s baked.
- In a medium saucepan, mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, orange juice and water. Heat to boiling. Stir in fresh cranberries, grated orange zest, cinnamon, and ginger. Cook over medium heat, about 8-10 minutes, or until thickened. Allow the filling to cool.
Crumb Cookie Layer:
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Stir in butter. Reserve 1 cup of the crumbs and set aside. Press remaining mixture into prepared pan. If not using parchment paper, do not grease the pan. Bake in a 350° oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Spread partially cooked crumb bars with the cranberry filling. Top with reserved crumb topping. Return to the oven and bake an addition 18-20 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting. Dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.