Holiday Orange and Cranberry Bread is a delicious and buttery bread filled with the flavors and scents of the season. A wonderful and easy to make bread for gatherings or even to gift.
The bread is made with fresh cranberries that when sliced, sparkle like jewels.
And the fragrance? Oh my — when this bread is baking in the oven, it transforms your space into holiday central.
Ingredients for this Holiday Orange and Cranberry Bread
Pantry Ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda
Refrigerated Ingredients: 2 eggs, butter, freshly squeezed orange juice, and grated orange zest
Additional Ingredients: fresh cranberries and optionally you can add 1/2 cup of your favorite chopped nuts.
More Cranberry Recipes
- Quick Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Balls Recipe
- Cranberry Apple Crisp with Toasted Pecans: A Cozy Treat
- Holiday White Chocolate Cranberry Scones
- Cranberry Crumb Bars with Cinnamon and Ginger
More Quick Bread Recipes We Love
- 27 Holiday Loaves and Christmas Bread Recipes
- Favorite Easy Pumpkin Bread
- Apple Spice Visiting Cake
- Healthy Morning Zucchini Bread
- Easy Carrot Cake Loaf
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 6 oz chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; stir in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Then stir in the orange peel, orange juice, vanilla, and eggs, just until the batter comes together. Be careful not to overmix. Fold in the fresh cranberries and nuts if using.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan. Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean; about 50 minutes to 1 hour. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before loosening the sides of the loaf from the pan. Transfer the loaf to a rack to cool completely before slicing.
If Baking Mini Loaves
Transfer the batter to three 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with butter or greased. Bake at 350º for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 348mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g