These Coconut Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies are chewy and soft. Warmly spiced with cinnamon and cardamom, and crunchy with toasted pecans. The cranberries and white chocolate are just a match made in heaven.
Plus, I love the red and white colors. Especially during the holidays!
I’ve added some of our favorite holiday spices, nuts, and fruit to these cookies. The batter is a typical cookie batter with some additional spices.
- Pantry Ingredients: flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, sweetened shredded coconut, and vanilla.
- Spices: cinnamon and cardamom (if you’re not a fan of cardamom, or don’t have it in your pantry, it’s an easy skip).
- Refrigerated Ingredients: butter (2 sticks) and 2 eggs
- Add-Ins: white chocolate chips (1 cup) and 3/4 cup of dried cranberries, we like sweetened cranberries, and toasted pecans, chopped
How to Make These Coconut Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
These cookies are so simple and easy to make. Much like chocolate chip cookies, they require no chilling, no resting. Just a simple mixing of ingredients, and then scooped onto a baking sheet. The cookies are oven-baked for 9 to 12 minutes.
Add a drizzle of White Chocolate Glaze, a sprinkle of toasted pecans and coconut, and they become a very special seasonal treat.
Red and White Baking Tips
When I’m baking these cookies for the holidays, I like to add additional white chocolate chips and cranberries to the top. After scooping into portions and transferring the batter to the baking sheet, I will dot the tops of the cookies with additional chocolate and fruit. It helps bring out the red and white colors to the tops of the cookies.
- 2 sticks of butter (1 cup), softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, coconut, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and cardamom in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the packed brown sugar and mixture until creamed together. Then mix in eggs and vanilla until fully incorporated. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until blended. Fold in the white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and toasted pecans.
- Portion scoops of batter onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, depending on the size of your scoop. Let cool on a rack before drizzling with the White Chocolate Glaze.
- To Make the White Chocolate Glaze: Melt the white chocolate and half and half in a double boiler or in a microwave. Stir to combine and drizzle over cooled cookies. I like to sprinkle some additional toasted chopped pecans and toasted shredded coconut. (I toast both the coconut and the pecan pieces in a dry nonstick skillet on the stove.)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 26 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
More Cranberry Recipes at 31Daily
If you love cranberries as much as we do, here are some more recipes you might like!