Mini Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Balls, a festive, delicious appetizer or snack for the holidays, that’s so quick, simple and easy, it will become your go-to recipe. They are packed with cranberries, pecans, fresh parsley and seasoned with cinnamon and honey. And are incredibly delicious.
Honestly, it’s like the flavors of the holidays, rolled into small bites of Christmas.
How Long Does it Take to Make These Mini Cheese Balls?
Do you have 15 minutes? That’s all it takes, truly, from start to finish.
Can These Appetizers Be Made Ahead?
Other than how incredibly delicious and pretty these are, the fact that they are make ahead perfect sends them to the top of my recipe list. Simply assemble the appetizers and store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
What Ingredients are in these Cheese Balls?
They are made simply with goat cheese, mixed with cream cheese, sweetened with honey, and seasoned with cinnamon.
They are then rolled into a heavenly combination of fresh minced parsley, chopped dried cranberries, and more finely chopped pecans.
How Do You Make These Appetizers?
An electric mixer makes these appetizers truly quick and easy. The filling is mixed together, then scooped and formed into balls. And finally, rolled into the coating mixture.
When you’re ready to serve, I like to stick a toothpick (Amazon) in the center and drizzle a bit more honey over the top. Serve with crackers, fruit, or as part of a charcuterie board.
They will disappear quicker than you can imagine.
Change up the dried fruit and nuts for a variety of flavors. I like dried apricots and finely chopped almonds or walnuts.
- 10 oz goat cheese
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- For the Mini Cheese Balls: In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the goat cheese, cream cheese, cinnamon, and honey until light and airy. Fold in 1/4 cup of pecan pieces. Using a cookie scoop, portion out cheese filling and roll into small balls.
- For the Coating: In a shallow bowl, mix together the remaining pecan pieces, the dried cranberries, and minced fresh parsley. Roll each of the mini cheese balls into coating mixture and transfer to an airtight container.
- Storing: Refrigerate the cheese balls until you're ready to serve. These mini cheese balls can be made up to three days in advance when stored in an airtight container.
- To Serve: Drizzle with additional honey, if desired. These are perfect as part of a charcuterie board or served with crackers.
Making Ahead: These mini cheese balls keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to three days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 17 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 18mg Sodium: 110mg Carbohydrates: 13g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g