This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you love carrot cake, you’ll adore this Carrot Cake Loaf. So moist and tender, packed with shredded carrots and savory spices, and topped with an incredible cream cheese layer.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
While carrot cake is appropriate all year long, it seems so perfect in the spring. When the yellow daffodils bloom and the cherry trees are brilliant in pink, I’m thinking about carrots. Whether they be roasted, in soup, cookies, or in this carrot cake loaf.
And unlike traditional carrot cake, this is a quick and simple spring recipe to make whenever the mood for carrot cake emerges. For an even quicker carrot cake, you might like our 3 Minute Carrot Cake in a Mug recipe!
Back to this recipe, though. While I always crave carrot cake in the spring, I also think of it in the fall too. The warm spices and tender texture of this carrot cake, the creamy frosting, is perfect in front of a roaring fire too!
What I Love About this Carrot Cake Loaf
- Packed with shredded carrots
- The texture is moist and dense, just what you love about carrot cake
- While somewhat different than usual, the spices make this loaf incredibly delicious
Cream cheese frosting is almost synonymous with carrot cake. Like a marriage made in heaven. However, this cake is so delicious, it can definitely stand on its own. Or dusted with a bit of powdered sugar.
Ingredient Additions to this Carrot Cake
There are two other ingredients that are typical in carrot cakes; nuts and dried fruit. I haven’t included these in this loaf, but if you love them add:
- 1/2 cup raisins (golden or brown)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts
Carrot Cake Spices
I love warm spices and I love experimenting with combinations and flavors. For this loaf, I chose to include cinnamon, of course, as well as ginger and cardamom. Feel free to swap the cardamom with nutmeg if you prefer.
More Recipes You May Also Enjoy
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 large carrots, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, vanilla, vegetable oil, and yogurt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, mix until just combined; fold in the carrots. Be careful not to overmix. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. You may want to cover loosely with foil halfway through baking to prevent over browning.
- Let the cake sit in the pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely. Then frost or glaze if desired.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Using an electric or stand mixer, mix together the cream cheese and butter until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Then add the sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 331mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 6g