This Carrot Cake in a Mug recipe is a 3-minute microwave mug cake dessert that’s perfect for the season. Sweet, delicious, and oh-so-easy!
Unlike its time-honored favorite inspiration (the oven-baked carrot cake), our recipe is made incredibly quick and easy in the microwave.
And so delicious, you need to make it soon!
A Carrot Cake in a Mug Recipe
Are you a fan of mug cakes? If so, we’re kindred spirits.
I love mug cakes. They’re such a treat after a long day. Even for those of us who cook all day.
Mug cakes are cozy, and special, and… a little indulgent. Cake for one. Or two. With a few simple ingredients.
As the days of spring grow longer, and the grass begins to green… I’m still in the mood for cozy mug cakes.
Plus, the ingredients are so simple, you likely already have them on hand.
Have I convinced you yet?
If not, the simple cream cheese frosting just might. Oh yum!
Or if cream cheese isn’t your thing… try a simple sprinkling of confectioners’ sugar or a quick dollop of whipped cream.
However you choose to top your mug cake, it’s an incredible treat regardless of your choice.
Ingredients for Carrot Mug Cake
Here are the simple ingredients needed to make this oh-so-easy Carrot Cake Mug Cake recipe.
Gather all-purpose flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
You will also need 1½ tablespoons of butter, milk, and finely shredded carrot.
How to Make this Carrot Cake Mug Cake
In a small bowl, or even inside the mug, add all the ingredients. Stir or whisk until the batter is smooth. Fold in the shredded carrots.
Microwave the mug cake for 1 to 1½ minutes. In my microwave, it’s best at 1 minute 15 seconds. Begin checking at 1 minute though. The cake should look set but be careful not to over-microwave.
Let cool before topping with whipped cream, cream cheese frosting, or simply powdered sugar.
More Mug Cake Recipes
- 2 Minute Gingerbread Cake in a Mug
- 2 Minute Chocolate Chip Banana Mug Cake
- Chocolate Brownie Nutella Mug Cake: Microwave Recipe
- 3 Minute Microwave Apple Crisp in a Mug
- Two-Minute Bread Pudding in a Mug with Browned Butter Vanilla Sauce
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded carrot
- In a small bowl, or inside the mug, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla, milk, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Stir or whisk to combine the ingredients until smooth. Fold in the shredded carrots.
- Microwave the mug cake for 1 to 1½ minutes. In my microwave, it's best at 1 minute 15 seconds. Begin checking at 1 minute though. The cake should look set but be careful not to over-microwave.
- Let cool before topping with whipped cream, cream cheese glaze or simply powdered sugar.
- Whipped Cream
- Sprinkled Confectioners' Sugar
- Easy Cream Cheese Frosting
Easy Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar