This 2 Minute Strawberry Mug Cake is a sweet microwave treat that brings to mind, Strawberries and Cream. And the reminder that the strawberry season isn’t too far off.
Perfect to celebrate a rainy night in, Valentine’s Day for two, or a special brunch or afternoon tea with friends.
Simple to make, creamy and oh-so-yummy!
What to Love About this Strawberry Mug Cake
- It contains fresh strawberries. Enough said. They are THE best.
- The ingredients are simple, pantry ingredients you most likely have on hand. Simply add fresh berries.
- After a quick chop of two strawberries and a stir of ingredients, this Strawberry Mug Cake will microwave for about 90 seconds.
- The cake is super soft and moist… and delicious!
Strawberry Mug Cake Simple Ingredients
You will need 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of butter, melted plus 3 tablespoons of your choice of milk.
Gather all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and a dash of salt. I also include a splash of vanilla, from 1/2 teaspoon or a whole teaspoon, depending on the mood!
For each strawberry mug cake, chop two fresh strawberries finely. Plus more to garnish the cake if desired.
More Mug Cakes to Love
- 2 Minute Gingerbread Cake in a Mug
- Chocolate Brownie Nutella Mug Cake
- Two-Minute Bread Pudding in a Mug with Browned Butter Vanilla Sauce
- 2 Minute Chocolate Chip Banana Mug Cake
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 2 strawberries, diced small
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 12-ounce (375 ml) mug or larger, melt the butter in the microwave for a few seconds. Once melted swirl it to coat the sides of the mug. Leave the remaining butter and add the flour, sugar, baking powder, diced strawberries, and milk. Mix until just combined.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds to 2 minutes. This will depend on the size of your mug and your microwave. Be careful not to over-microwave. The top will be just set.
- Let cool one minute before eating. Top with cream and more diced strawberries if desired. A dusting of confectioners' sugar works beautifully too.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.