If you need quick and easy comfort food, this Chocolate Chip Banana Mug Cake will become your new best friend. It is outstandingly delicious. As you might imagine, we’ve become well acquainted, this mug cake and me.
I’m smiling but it’s true. I love this chocolate chip banana mug cake!
On these days where most of us are “staying in,” these quick and easy desserts make world conditions a bit sweeter and easier to take.
As someone once said, “A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.”
You Might Also Like: Healthier Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
So easy, you can’t believe this can be yours in 2 minutes. Maybe even less if your microwave is more powerful than mine.
For those of us who believe banana bread and banana cake should occupy a portion of every cookbook, this is one you’ll want to add to that recipe card file.
While banana bread, or cake for that matter, is also outstandingly delicious, it takes 50 minutes to bake… on a good day.
This is Banana Mug Cake takes 2 minutes to microwave and only requires a handful of ingredients.
How to Make 2 Minute Microwave Chocolate Chip Banana Mug Cake
It’s a long title, I know. But this mug cake deserves it.
To make 1 mug cake, I mix the ingredients in the mug itself. If I’m making more than one, I double or triple the recipe and mix it in a separate bowl before pouring into the mugs.
Melt the butter in the mug before adding the ingredients. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and microwave for 90 seconds to 2 minutes. The top will be moist and you will need to let it cool about 3 to 4 minutes before eating. It’s really hot when it comes out of the microwave.
Toppings for Banana Mug Cake
Anything you like on chocolate chip banana bread works great here too. Whipped cream, dusted with ground cinnamon is delicious. Or sliced bananas, a drizzle of chocolate… melty ice cream?
I’m getting hungry!
So grab the remote and cue up the movie. It’s time for a treat!
More Mug Cake Recipes
- 2 Minute Gingerbread Cake in a Mug
- Bread Pudding in a Mug
- Blueberry Crisp in a Mug
- Apple Crisp in a Mug
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- In a bowl, or a mug, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Once melted, add the sugar, milk, mashed banana and stir. Once incorporated, add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and pinch of salt. Stir until combined. Then top with chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. Mine is perfect at 2 minutes. Let sit and cool for several minutes before adding your toppings. It's super hot when it comes out of the microwave.
- More Chocolate Chips
- Whipping Cream dusted with Ground Cinnamon
- Sliced Banana Drizzled with Chocolate Sauce
- Confectioners' Sugar