This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Do you love snack cakes? If so, this Maple Banana Snack Cake is incredibly delicious with banana and maple flavors, a hint of vanilla and cinnamon. It’s soft, tender, moist and utterly irresistible. Easy to make, it’s perfect “Anytime” you’re in the mood for a snack cake.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
We love anytime cakes! What that means to us is simple-to-make cakes that may or may not need frosting, or layering. Perfect for snacking but delicious enough to serve “anytime.”
Maple Banana Snack Cake Ingredients
This simple snack cake is made with pantry ingredients you likely have on hand. While the exact measurements are in the recipe card below, here is an overview of what you will need:
- Butter, softened to room temperature (salted or unsalted)
- Brown sugar for sweetness
- Large eggs to bind and stabilize the snack cake
- Ripe bananas, mashed
- Cooking oil
- Maple syrup for delicious flavor
- Ground cinnamon because for me, I can’t imagine banana anything without the warming flavor of cinnamon!
- Vanilla extract because doesn’t all cakes benefit from vanilla?!
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder and baking soda for leavening
Recommended Kitchen Equipment
It’s easier to cream together the sugar and butter if using an electric mixer or stand mixer, but it can also be done by hand too.
You will also need a square 8×8-inch baking pan, but I’ve also made this using a 9×9-inch baking pan as well. The only difference is the height of the snack cake. For me, the baking time remained about the same.
How to Make this easy Banana Snack Cake
Again, the step-by-step instructions are in the recipe card below, but this brief overview will give you an idea of how easy it is to make this snack cake!
Begin by preheating the oven to 350°F and greasing a baking pan with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper for easy removal from the pan.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and then stir in the mashed banana, cooking oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients and stir into the banana mixture until just combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool before cutting.
More Recipes You May Also Love
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Easy Maple Banana Snack Cake
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8×8-inch square baking pan (or 9-inch) with nonstick spray. You can also line it with parchment paper with overhanging sides for easy removal.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until light. Beat in the eggs and then stir in the mashed banana, cooking oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then stir the dry ingredients into the banana mixture until just combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out mostly clean. Let the snack cake cool completely before cutting into servings.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.