There’s something special about the scent of cakes baking in the oven. This Banana Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake combines favorite comfort food ingredients into one incredibly delicious coffee cake. Banana bread — plus chocolate chips. It’s a special moment when these two come together.
And then imagine coffee (of course) or tea, good friends, and warm-from-the-oven — coffee cake. And here’s the best news of all, it’s so easy and simple cake. As all coffee cakes should be.
The ingredients are simple as well. Bananas, about 3, mashed, chocolate chips, eggs, flour, brown sugar, vanilla, flour, baking soda, and salt. The prep time? Maybe 15 minutes but probably a lot less.
And the slices… big and chunky, oozing with chocolate, moist with banana. Yes… it’s a lovely combination. But you’ll have to try it to believe it.
Simple baking for beautiful days.
RELATED: More 31Daily Dessert Recipes >
Banana Chocolate Bars
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs and vanilla; mix until combined and smooth. Fold in the mashed bananas; stir until combined. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the butter mixture; beat until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spread batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve warm or room temperature, spread with a little butter.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.