This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Carrot Cake Raisin Spice Cookies are a delightful twist on classic carrot cake. These cookies are moist, flavorful, and packed with wholesome ingredients like grated carrots, raisins, and warm spices.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
They’re perfect for a cozy afternoon snack or as a sweet treat to share with loved ones.
At 31 Daily, we love to experiment with unique flavor combinations, and these carrot cake raisin spice cookies are no exception. Whether you’re a fan of carrot cake or just looking for a new cookie recipe to try, these cookies are sure to impress.
Similar to oatmeal raisin cookies, these Carrot Cake Raisin Spice cookies are perfect for brown bag lunches, afternoon or after-school snacks, or just when you’re craving a sweet treat that’s utterly delicious!
Thank you to the Florence Shanklin Branch of the Lincoln County Public Library in Denver, NC for including this recipe in your bimonthly class on herbs and spices. We are honored and hope you enjoy this delicious but simple cookie that’s filled with warm and fragrant spices!
Carrot Cake Raisin Spice Cookies Ingredients
Ingredient measurements are in the recipe card below, but here is what you will need:
- Butter, softened to room temperature
- Sugar: brown sugar and granulated sugar
- Large eggs
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Oats: old fashioned or quick cooking oats
- Baking powder and baking soda for leavening
- Shredded carrots
- Chopped nuts, like walnuts or pecans
- Spices: salt, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves
How to Make Carrot Cake Raisins Spice Cookies
These cookies are simple to make and don’t require any chilling. Step-by-step instructions are in the recipe card below, but here is an overview:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Cream together butter and sugars and then beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the dry ingredients and fold in carrots, nuts, and raisins.
- Drop cookie dough onto a baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
More Recipes You May Also Enjoy
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Carrot Cake Raisin Spice Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups oats old fashioned or quick
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, or in the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Fold in carrots, nuts, and raisins.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded teaspoons or with a cookie scoop (affiliate link) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, depending on the size of your cookie, or until golden brown around the edges.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.