These simple Strawberry Crumble Bars are deliciously summery with sweet fresh strawberries and an irresistible crumble topping. Perfect for backyard summer BBQ, picnics, or when you’re craving a sweet treat.
What to Love About Strawberry Crumble Bars
There are so many things to love about strawberries and strawberry desserts. Here are a few more…
- Easy strawberry desserts are especially perfect in the summer
- Simple to make and easy to bring to picnics and bbq’s
- They’re irresistibly delicious
- Freezer friendly
Tips for Making Strawberry Crumble Bars
This recipe is incredibly simple to make and incredibly delicious due, mostly, to the sweet flavor of fresh strawberries.
- Use Fresh Strawberries. There’s nothing like picking your own strawberries fresh from the field. But if you’re purchasing from the market, look for fresh, ripe strawberries.
- Making the dough. The buttery crumble crust and topping give structure to the bars. Be careful not to overwork the dough and keep the butter as cold as possible.
- Let cool completely. Although it’s tempting to sample before the bars cool, it’s best to wait before cutting into squares. I like to refrigerate the bars to speed up the process.
I adapted this recipe for Strawberry Crumble Bars from my Blackberry Crumble Jam Bars with Oat Streusel.
Ingredients for Strawberry Bars
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the complete recipe, ingredient measurements, and instructions.
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder + salt + cinnamon
- Cold unsalted butter
- Fresh strawberries
- Lemon juice
How to Make Strawberry Crumble Bars
Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with parchment. This helps easily lift the bars from the baking pan when you’re ready to cut into squares.
Making the Crumble:
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Using a pastry blender, a fork, or two knives, cut cold butter into flour mixture until it forms fine, sandy crumbs. Add the beaten egg and vanilla. Press two-thirds of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
Making the Filling:
- Toss the chopped strawberries in lemon juice. Then, stir together the sugar and cornstarch; fold into the strawberries. Spoon the strawberry mixture evenly over the crust layer in the pan. Then scatter the remaining crumble over the strawberries.
Baking the Bars:
- Bake the bars for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the top of the bars is slightly golden and the strawberries have begun to bubble.
Cooling the Strawberry Crumble Bars:
- Let the bars cool completely before cutting into squares. Refrigerating the bars speeds up the process.
Strawberry Desserts You May Like
If you love strawberries as much as I do, you might want to also check out these strawberry desserts below.
- Strawberry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze: simple to make bundt cake that’s utterly delicious.
- Strawberry Crisp: Fresh, Juicy, and Delicious: I love the simplicity of this easy fruit crisp recipe made even more perfect with melting vanilla ice cream.
- A Classic Strawberry Shortcake Made Easy: Because summer isn’t summer without at least one strawberry shortcake. And these shortcakes are my favorite!
- Easy Strawberry Ricotta Cake Recipe: A rustic one-layer strawberry cake made tender and moist with ricotta.
- 2 Minute Strawberry Mug Cake: When you crave strawberry cake and want it right now.
- Yogurt Strawberry Rhubarb Parfaits: A strawberry dessert made healthy and delicious.
More Bar Cookie Dessert Recipes to Try
If you love to make bar cookies, you might also like these:
- Portland Bar Cookies – A 7 Layer Decadent Treat
- Salted Butterscotch Blondie Bars
- Coffee House Vonnie’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Butterscotch Chocolate Magic Cookie Bars
- Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Making the Crumble:
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Using a pastry blender, a fork, or two knives, cut cold butter into flour mixture until it forms fine, sandy crumbs. Add the beaten egg and vanilla. Press two-thirds of the crumble into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. (A food processor makes this job super quick).
Making the Filling:
- Stir together the sugar and cornstarch. Fold in the chopped strawberries. Spoon the strawberry mixture evenly over the crust layer in the pan. Then scatter the remaining crumble over the strawberries.
Baking the Bars:
- Bake the bars for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the top of the bars is slightly golden and the filling is beginning to bubble.
- Remove the bars from the oven and cool completely before cutting into squares. I like to refrigerate the bars until they become solid enough to cut.
A food processor makes it easy to cut the butter into the flour mixture. For a more tender crust, use short pulses being careful not to overprocess.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g