These easy Yogurt Strawberry Rhubarb Parfaits are early summer’s perfect treat. With that sweet-tangy combination we love, these healthier yogurt parfaits are a delightful way to enjoy the fruits of the season.
Plus, it’s slightly healthy with a center layer of vanilla flavored yogurt instead of sweetened cream.
How to Make Yogurt Strawberry Rhubarb Parfaits
Three simple layers make up these parfaits. Two are assembled just before serving. The top layer, the strawberry rhubarb sauce, needs to be made in advance.
Here’s the silver lining in the make-ahead step.
I never use the whole strawberry rhubarb recipe in these parfaits. This means, there are leftovers in the refrigerator for all kinds of additional treats.
1. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and a dash of sugar. Portion about 1/4 cup in the bottom of each parfait glass.
2. Next, spoon the vanilla Greek yogurt over the graham crumbs.
3. Fill the parfaits with the strawberry rhubarb sauce. Dollup with a bit more of the yogurt and a pinch of graham crumbs. If you have fresh mint leaves… it makes a pretty presentation.
How to Serve Parfaits
Here are some serving suggestions for these Strawberry Rhubarb Parfaits. The following are affiliate links.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce
- 2 cups Vanilla Greek Yogurt
Graham Cracker Layer
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Make the strawberry rhubarb sauce. Get the recipe here. Let the sauce cool completely before using. I like to refrigerate for at least an hour.
- For the Graham Layer: melt the butter. Stir together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar. Set aside.
- For the Greek Yogurt Layer: combine the vanilla Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey if desired. Mix until smooth and set aside.
- Making the parfaits: Add 1/4 cup of the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of each parfait glass. Then using a scoop measure divide the yogurt layer evenly; about 1/3 cup each. Finally, top each parfait with the strawberry rhubarb sauce.
- Garnish: with additional yogurt or whipped cream, place a dollop on each parfait, followed by a pinch of reserved graham cracker crumbs.
Recipe yields approx 2 cups of strawberry rhubarb sauce, which is more than enough for this recipe. Other uses for the sauce include:
- a spread for morning toast
- an ice cream sauce
- tart or galette filling
The sauce will keep refrigerated for up to one week.