This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we'll send it to your inbox. Plus, you'll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
These White Chocolate M&M Popcorn Treats are the easiest desserts ever! Festive and fun with the bright colors of summer. Simple ingredients, quick to make, and incredibly yummy with a sweet, salty, chocolaty flavor!
What’s not to love about easy summer treats?
In this case… absolutely nothing!
Endless Possibilities with Popcorn Treats
While we’re making these M&M Popcorn Treats for the patriotic holidays of summer, like Memorial Day and the 4th of July, there are endless possibilities.
All you need to do is match the sprinkles and M&M colors to fit the occasion.
A gender reveal party might have blue or pink M&Ms. Picnics might have a rainbow assortment of colors. Or birthdays could reflect the guest of honor’s favorite color.
And then, of course, there are all the holidays of the year. As I said, there are endless possibilities.
What You Need to Make M&M Popcorn Treats
- A large skillet or dutch oven to melt marshmallows
- 9×9-inch square baking pan
- Sheet of parchment paper
- Sharp knife to cut squares
Ingredients for M&M Popcorn Squares
- Popped popcorn
- White chocolate, melted
- Flaky sea salt
- Nonpareils or sprinkles
- Mini marshmallows
How to Make These Popcorn Treats
Begin with popping the corn. Follow package instructions whether you air pop the corn, microwave, or cook it on the stovetop. Transfer the popped corn to a large bowl and set aside.
Then, line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Once the corn is popped, melt the white chocolate. I like to microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until smooth and creamy.
Then, in the bowl with popcorn, drizzle the melted chocolate over the popped popcorn and dust with a little salt. Mix everything together until the white chocolate evenly coats the popcorn.
Next, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the marshmallows and continuously stir to combine until the marshmallows are melted and smooth.
Stir the popcorn into the marshmallow mixture along with the sprinkles, and stir until well coated. Let cool for a minute and then stir in 2/3 of the M&Ms.
Immediately transfer the mixture into the prepped baking dish pressing it firmly into an even layer. I like to use parchment to do this. Sprinkle with remaining M&Ms and more sprinkles on top.
Let harden for about 20 minutes and serve immediately.
Looking for More Easy Dessert Recipes?
- Easy Memorial Day Desserts Recipes
- 4th of July Desserts
- Strawberry Crumble Bars
- 5 Minute Christmas Crack
- Mug Cakes
- 8 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- flaky sea salt
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pop the corn and melt white chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl, drizzle melted white chocolate over popped popcorn and mix and dust with a little salt. Mix everything together until the chocolate evenly coats the popcorn.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the marshmallows and continuously stir to combine until the marshmallows are melted and smooth.
- Stir in the popcorn and and mix until the popcorn is well coated. Then stir in 2/3 of the M&Ms. Immediately transfer the mixture into the prepped baking dish pressing it firmly into an even layer. I like to use parchment to do this. Sprinkle with remaining M&Ms and more sprinkles on top.
- Let it harden for about 20 minutes and then cut and serve. I like it best when served right away.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 2g