This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Banana Dutch Baby Oven Pancake is a large puffed pancake, baked in a skillet, and perfect for breakfast or even dessert. Whip the ingredients in a blender, and in 5 minutes, this Dutch Baby is oven-ready and minutes away from serving. Utterly yummy!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
Plus, with pantry ingredients you most likely have on hand… it’s a delightful treat you’ll love.
As I write, there is a freezing fog coming in off the Sound (Puget Sound) and the grass and trees and rooftops are glistening with silvery sparkles.
It’s a beautiful morning for a warm and cozy Dutch Baby oven pancake.
But I must admit, most mornings are a good morning for an oven puffed pancake, regardless of the season!
This is much like those, but perhaps even easier made quickly with pantry ingredients… and a blender.
A few minutes in the oven until the oven pancake is puffed and gloriously golden, and breakfast is ready, straight from the oven.
In fact, the quicker the better.
My mother often made Dutch Baby pancakes while I was growing up. I suppose that’s the reason for my loving attachment to them.
And now, my own son looks forward to these oven pancakes on weekends — and even some weekday mornings!
This one is so easy, even he could bake it.
- Oven safe 10-inch skillet (I like to use a seasoned cast iron skillet).
- Countertop blender (or it can also be whisked vigoriously by hand).
Banana Dutch Baby Ingredients
Here’s a list of the ingredients you’ll need to make these oven pancakes. Specific ingredient measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Large eggs
- Ripe banana
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Unsalted butter
Topping Ideas for Dutch Baby Pancakes
I always love additional fruit on top of a Dutch Baby pancake, followed by a generous sprinkling of powdered sugar.
But think of it as a canvas — and make it your own.
If you’re serving a hungry crowd, you may want to set out a shaker quick powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar and let them dig in.
How to Make Banana Dutch Baby Oven Pancakes
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Step 1: Blend the ingredients
Combine eggs, banana, flour, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a blender and blend until smooth. This batter can also be mixed by hand until smooth.
Step 2: Preheat the skillet and melt the butter
Place the butter in an oven-safe 10-inch skillet (I like a cast iron skillet) and put it in the oven to heat the skillet and melt the butter. Once melted, quickly pour in the batter and return the pan to the oven.
Step 3: Bake the Oven Pancake
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the oven pancake is puffed and golden brown. Lower the oven temperature to 300 degrees F and bake another 5 minutes.
More Breakfast Recipes You May Also Enjoy
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine eggs, banana, flour, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a blender and blend until smooth. This batter can also be mixed by hand until smooth.
- Place the butter in an oven-safe 10-inch skillet (I like a cast iron skillet) and put in the oven to heat the skillet and melt the butter. Once melted, quickly pour in the batter and return the pan to the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the oven pancake is puffed and golden brown. Lower the oven temperature to 300 degrees F and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove the Dutch Baby from the oven, top with additional fruit, and dust with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar if desired. Cut into wedges and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 8g