This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Chocolate Ganache Mini Tarts are a chocolate lover’s dream. A tender toasted almond shortbread crust is filled with an irresistible chocolate ganache that’s so easy, you won’t believe it.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
While any tart crust works, yes, even store-bought, these simple shortbread crusts are a delicious contrast to the rich chocolate ganache.
In fact, I often make a double batch of tart shells and freeze them for quick tart filling later.
Easy Chocolate Ganache
Chocolate ganache is all about the chocolate. The better quality chocolate you use, the more incredible the ganache will be.
Do you know why?
There are only 2 ingredients.
Chocolate and heavy cream. That’s it. So be sure to use the “good stuff.”
And if you’re looking for a full-size tart, this Easy French Ganache Tart is equally easy and delicious.
Toasted Almond Shortbread Crust
This shortbread crust is buttery and tender, but oh-so-simple. With a few simple ingredients, these tart shells make a perfect complement to the richness of the chocolate ganache.
We’ve used finely minced toasted almonds, but hazelnuts or even walnuts are delicious too. Or, you can even eliminate the nuts altogether.
Begin by pulsing the shortbread crust ingredients in a food processor. Or cut the butter into the flour with a pastry cutter.
Then roll out the dough thinly, about 1/16 inch thickness. Cut circles from the dough and gently press into the tart shells, neatly trimming the edges.
Bake the pastry shells, lined with parchment paper and filled with baking beans, for 10 minutes. Remove the parchment and bake until golden brown, about 8 minutes more.
Afternoon Tea Tarts
If you’re looking for a quick Afternoon Tea Sweets course, these tarts are simple to make ahead. Make the shells ahead of time and fill them with chocolate, as we’ve done here, or lemon curd, or even jam.
And they look very pretty sitting on the top of a 3-Tier Tea Stand.
If you love tea as much as we do, check out our simple and easy Afternoon Tea tips and recipes.
Garnishing Chocolate Ganache Mini Tarts
Our favorite garnishes for these tarts are:
- finely minced, sliced almonds
- sea salt flakes
- or leave plain for those that like it simple
Still have chocolate cravings?
You might also love these recipes:
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
- 1/2 cup (120g) cold salted butter, diced
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (80g) finely chopped toasted almonds
- 2–4 tablespoons cold water
- 1¼ cups (300g) chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (190ml) heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and set aside 10 to 12 mini tart shells.
- To Make the Shortbread Crust: In a food processor with a metal blade, pulse together the butter and flour until it resembles crumbs. Or cut in the butter with a fork or pastry cutter.
- Add the almonds and pulse a couple of times. Slowly add the water until a dough forms. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and roll out thinly to about 1/16 inch thick. Cut circles from the dough and gently press into the tart shells. Neatly trim excess dough from the top.
- Line the tarts with parchment and fill them with baking beans. Bake for 10–15 minutes. Remove the tarts shells from the oven and discard the parchment and beans. Return to the oven to bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes, or until the shells are lightly golden brown. Let cool while making the ganache.
- To Make the Ganache: Roughly chop the chocolate and place it in a heat-safe bowl. Heat the cream until just boiling and pour over the chocolate. Let sit for 2 minutes, before whisking until the chocolate is smooth and creamy. Pour the ganache into the tart shells and chill for 20–30 minutes until the ganache is set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g