When it comes to snacks, healthy, of course, is always best. But they need to taste good too. These Crispy Curry Roasted Chickpeas are a favorite. They’re easy, and make nutritious snacks or additions to salads and more. And… they’re really, really good!
Chickpeas are low in saturated fat, and very low in cholesterol and sodium. They are also a good source of dietary fiber, protein and copper, and a very good source of folate and manganese.
And, you can change up the seasoning, add your favorite spice or herb, tailor these favorite snacks to your own liking. I happen to love curry, but these roasted chickpeas are just as tasty with chili powder, garam masala, cumin, or paprika. Conversely, take these roasted chickpeas in a completely different direction by tossing them with rosemary and thyme.
All you need is a can of chickpeas, olive oil, salt, seasoning… and about 25 minutes in the oven.
Here’s how to make…Print
Healthy Snack: Crispy Curry Roasted Chickpeas
These Crispy Curry Roasted Chickpeas are a favorite. They’re easy, and make nutritious snacks or additions to salads and more. And… they’re really, really good!
- Yield: 2 cups
- Category: Healthy Snack
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 teaspoons curry (or your favorite herb or spice)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Using a paper towel or a clean kitchen towel, dry the chickpeas, rubbing them gently. They should feel dry to the touch.
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and salt with a spoon, ensuring the chickpeas are evenly coated. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- Roast in the oven until the chickpeas are golden and slightly darker in color. They will be dry and crispy, and soft in the middle, about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with herbs or spices of your choice.
My favorite way to snack on these Crispy Curry Roasted Chickpeas are when they are still warm from the oven. They are the crispiest then. If there are any leftover, they make a wonderful addition to any green salad.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 0