Curry roasted chickpeas are a delicious protein-packed healthy snack! Easy to make with 4 ingredients in 25 minutes. Perfect to snack on their own or add to healthy dishes or salad toppings for a burst of incredible flavor and crispy texture.
When it comes to snacks, healthy, of course, is always best. But they need to taste good too. These Crispy Curry Roasted Chickpeas are a favorite. They’re easy, and make nutritious snacks or additions to salads and more. And… they’re really, really good!
Chickpea Healthy Benefits
Chickpeas are low in saturated fat, and very low in cholesterol and sodium. They are also a good source of dietary fiber, protein and copper, and a very good source of folate and manganese.
One of the things I love about roasted chickpeas is how versatile they are. By changing the seasoning, these healthy snacks can become any flavor you desire and are easy to make.
I happen to love curry, but feel free to to experiment with different herbs and spices.
Here are some ideas on how to change the flavor of these easy roasted chickpeas. Try tossing them with:
- Chili powder
- Garam masala
- Paprika – I love Spanish smoked paprika
- Rosemary and thyme
- Greek Roasted Chickpeas: add thyme, oregano, and rosemary
All you need is a can of chickpeas, olive oil, salt, seasoning… and about 25 minutes in the oven.
4 Ingredients You’ll Need for Curry Roasted Chickpeas
Here’s all you need to make Curry Roasted Chickpeas:
- Caned chickpeas
- Olive oil
- Curry spice (or your favorite herb or spice)
How to Make Roasted Chickpeas
Step-by-step instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post, but here’s an overview of how easy they are to make.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and rinse and drain canned chickpeas and let dry.
- Toss with olive oil and salt and spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Roast until golden and crispy; about 20 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle curry (or your choice seasoning) over the top and toss together.
Roasted Chickpea Questions
Absolutely! Roasted chickpeas are filled with plant protein, fiber, and healthy carbs. Perfect for snacking or adding to your favorite dish!
Yes! You do not need to cook the chickpeas before roasting. Simply soak them in water for 24 hours. They will double in size, then roast as directed for 20 to 30 minutes.
The trick is to completely dry the chickpeas (both canned and dried) before roasting. If you don’t mind an added step, peeling the chickpeas helps keep them crispy. Also, be sure you’re roasting in a hot oven from as low as 400 degrees F up to 450 degrees F and coat the chickpeas with plenty of olive oil.
More Recipes You May Also Enjoy
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 teaspoons curry (or your favorite herb or spice)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Using a paper towel or a clean kitchen towel, dry the chickpeas well, rubbing them gently. They should feel dry to the touch.
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and salt with a spoon, ensuring the chickpeas are evenly coated. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- Roast in the oven until the chickpeas are golden and slightly darker in color. They will be dry and crispy, and soft in the middle, about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with herbs or spices of your choice.
My favorite way to snack on these Crispy Curry Roasted Chickpeas are when they are still warm from the oven. They are the crispiest then. If there are any leftover, they make a wonderful addition to any green salad.
How to Re-crisp Roasted Chickpeas
Roasted chickpeas can lose crispness after a couple of day. Roast them in an oven for 2 to 3 minutes to re-crisp.
Note on Serving Size
This makes just under 2 cups, or about 30 tablespoons. One serving is 1 tablespoon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 24Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g