This spring inspired Instant Pot Risotto combines fresh, green asparagus, sweet peas, earthy mushrooms, and creamy arborio rice in this easy-to-make dish Instant Pot dish. Filling, incredibly delicious… and perfect for the season.
This short list of ingredients will have you making this dish all season long. If you want to add protein, leftover ham or chicken would be a delicious addition.
Spring Instant Pot Risotto Ingredients
This list of simple ingredients delivers the most amazing tasting, easy risotto ever. Swap in ingredients that you have on hand, but the arborio rice is what makes it creamy and yummy.
- Frozen peas
- Chicken broth
- Green onions
- Arborio rice (necessary for making risotto)
How to Make Spring Instant Pot Risotto
First, briefly cook the asparagus and peas with two tablespoons of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot. You won’t want to overcook these veggies, only long enough to be fork tender, and bright green. Then, transfer the asparagus and peas to a bowl of ice water to keep them crisp and beautiful. This will help stop the cooking process. Then you will saute the green onions and mushrooms for a few minutes until soft and most of their liquid evaporated.
Next, stir in the rice and toast for 1-2 minutes, which will activate the starch and make your risotto creamy and delicious. Add the chicken broth, close the lid of the Instant Pot, set the value to “sealing,” and cook for 5 minutes at high pressure. Once it has cooked, quick release the pressure by switching the valve from “sealing” to “venting.”
Then, drain the asparagus and peas and add them to the cooked risotto. Stir to combine and warm the veggies. Season with salt and pepper to taste, top with Parmesan cheese and some reserved green onion tops. Delicious can be so incredibly easy.
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes You May Also Like:
- Vegetarian Instant Pot Chickpea Curry
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice with Corn and Black Beans
- Quick Instant Pot Burrito Bowls
- How to Make 1 Minute Quinoa
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed and sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt & pepper to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to the saute function and add 2 tablespoons of water to the cooking insert. Then add the asparagus; cook for 2-3 minutes until they are bright green. In the last minute, stir in frozen peas, cooking until they are also bright green. Remove the asparagus and peas to a bowl with ice water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- To the Instant Pot insert, add the oil, and butter. Once the butter is melted, add the sliced green onions (reserve a few of the green tops for garnish if you’d like), and the sliced mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms begin to brown and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Then add the rice and stir until it releases a bit of it’s starch and begins to toast; 1-2 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth, lock the lid and set to manual high pressure for 5 minutes. Be sure the valve is set to “sealing.”
- Once the risotto has finished cooking, quick release the pressure, remove the lid and stir the risotto until creamy. Fold in the reserved, drained asparagus and peas and let the veggies heat through.
- Season with salt & pepper, top with Parmesan cheese, reserved green onion slices if desired. Serve immediately. However, I will confess that refrigerated leftover are also amazingly delicious the next day!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 718mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g