This Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls recipe is a 20-minute, one-pot dinner that is incredibly delicious. Mexican spices blend to cook tender, pull apart chicken with black beans, corn, and rice… in one irresistible bowl.
If you crave the comfort of bowl food, love Mexican flavors, this 20-minute dinner is for you. An incredibly simple weeknight meal or quick and easy weekend treat.
What I Love About These Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- No pre-cooking or sauteing ingredients.
- Frozen chicken thighs can easily be substituted for fresh chicken thighs.
- A super quick, super easy, one-pot dinner.
- Everyone can garnish their own bowls with favorites.
- A fun, flavorful, Mexican meal that’s ready in minutes!
With 10 minutes of prep and no browning of the chicken, this is one of the simplest dinners you can make in your Instant Pot.
With ingredients, you likely have on hand. And hopefully, a 6 quart Instant Pot (Amazon).
These Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls literally come together in less than 10 minutes of prep. With 12 minutes of cooking time, they are ready to plate up and garnish in no time.
The chicken… is so incredibly tender and flavorful. And in one pot, dinner is served. In my family, they are always scrambling for seconds. I think I need a bigger Instant Pot!
Ingredients for Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Chicken: boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Flavoring: salsa, chicken broth, chili powder, ground cumin, and garlic powder
- Vegetables: 1 can of corn kernels (or 1 cup of frozen), and 1 can of black beans
- Pantry: Long grain uncooked rice
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
Add the chicken thighs, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and chicken broth to a 6-qt Instant Pot insert. Gently toss to combine and then stir in the corn, drained black beans, and salsa.
Without stirring, sprinkle long-grain rice over the chicken and vegetables. With the back of a spoon, be sure the rice is submerged into the liquid.
Select the manual, high-pressure setting on the pressure cooker for 12 minutes. Once it has finished cooking, naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes before quickly releasing the remaining pressure. Fluff the rice with a fork and sprinkle cheese over the rice. Set the lid back on the Instant Pot to help the cheese melt, about 1 minute.
Spoon into bowls and serve immediately.
How to Garnish Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
Whatever you love in your favorite burrito, add here. Whatever you love on tacos, add to these easy burrito bowls.
Here are some ideas:
- Shredded cheese of choice (cheddar, Mexican blend, etc).
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
- Greens of any kind like spinach, arugula, or even microgreens
- Red pepper flakes
More Mexican Recipes We Think You’ll Like
- Easy Instant Pot Turkey Burrito Bowl Recipe
- 8 New Burrito Bowls You Have to Try
- Easy Mexican Corn Salad
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice with Corn and Black Beans
- Easy Mexican Shredded Chicken – 3 Ways
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs * (see note)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15 oz) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Add the chicken thighs, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, and chicken broth to a 6-qt Instant Pot and gently toss to combine. And then stir in the corn, drained black beans, and salsa.
- Without stirring, sprinkle the rice over the chicken and vegetables. With the back of a spoon, be sure the rice is submerged into the liquid.
- Select the manual setting, high pressure, and set the time for 12 minutes. Once the pressure cooker has finished cooking, naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes and then quick-release remaining pressure according to the manufacturer’s directions. Stir in the cheese until melted, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh herbs, like parsley or cilantro if desired, and top with sour cream or plain yogurt.
Using Frozen Chicken Thighs:
If using frozen chicken thighs, increase the cooking time to 15 minutes and naturally release the pressure.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 530mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 28g
More Instant Pot Recipes
From soups to the main event, easy pasta, and family favorites. These Instant Pot recipes are on regular repeat at our house.