This Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls recipe is a 20-minute, one-pot dinner that is incredibly delicious. Mexican spices blend to cook tender, pull apart chicken with black beans, corn, and rice… in one irresistible bowl.
If you crave the comfort of bowl food, love Mexican flavors, this 20-minute dinner is for you. An incredibly simple weeknight meal or quick and easy weekend treat.
What I Love About These Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
With 10 minutes of prep and no browning of the chicken, this is one of the simplest dinners you can make in your Instant Pot.
With ingredients, you likely have on hand. And hopefully, a 6 quart Instant Pot (Amazon).
These Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls literally come together in less than 10 minutes of prep. With 12 minutes of cooking time, they are ready to plate up and garnish in no time.
The chicken… is so incredibly tender and flavorful. And in one pot, dinner is served. In my family, they are always scrambling for seconds. I think I need a bigger Instant Pot!
Ingredients for Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Spices: chili powder, ground cumin, and garlic powder
- Liquid: chicken broth
- Vegetables: 1 can of corn kernels (or 1 cup of frozen), and 1 can of black beans
- Long-grain uncooked rice
- Garnish Ideas: shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh parsley, red pepper flakes, chopped avocados, etc.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Add the chicken thighs, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, and chicken broth to a 6-qt Instant Pot and gently toss to combine.
- Stir in the corn, black beans, and salsa. Without stirring, sprinkle the rice over the chicken and vegetables.
- Select the manual setting, high pressure, and set the time for 12 minutes. Once the pressure cooker has finished cooking, naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes and then quick-release remaining pressure according to the manufacturer’s directions. Stir in the cheese until melted, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh herbs, like parsley or cilantro if desired, and top with sour cream or plain yogurt.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 796mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 42g
More Instant Pot Recipes
From soups to the main event, easy pasta, and family favorites. These Instant Pot recipes are on regular repeat at our house.