This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This easy Instant Pot Turkey Vegetable Pasta Soup has become a delicious weeknight mainstay in our kitchen. Everyone seems to love this chunky vegetable soup! It’s quick and simple, packed with veggies, and simmered in a fragrant herb and spice broth with toothsome macaroni pasta shapes.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
If you’re looking for an easy, healthy and delicious speedy soup to warm up with, you’ll want to try this Instant Pot Turkey Vegetable Pasta Soup.
The simple ingredients you may already have on hand include ground turkey, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and canned tomatoes. It’s simmered in a fragrant broth with spices we crave.
This simple soup is made even more delicious with a dusting a freshly shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese. Because frankly, aren’t most vegetable soups better with a little cheese? I also love to serve thick slices of buttered Camp Dutch Oven Bread on the side if I’ve had time to make some.
And if you’re so fortunate to have leftovers, it makes an amazing lunch the next day.
What Instant Pot do you use?
I make this in my 6 quart Instant Pot, (Amazon affiliate link).
Can I make this Turkey Vegetable Pasta Soup on the stove top instead?
Yes! In a large dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Then add the onion, garlic, carrots and celery; saute for about 4 minutes, or until vegetables are slightly softened. Stir in the paprika, chili powder, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another minute until fragrant. Then add the tomatoes and broth. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer 20 to 25 minutes.
Stir in the dry pasta and baby kale; cook for another 7 to 10 minutes, or until the pasta is tender and the baby kale is wilted. Add more water as needed if you like a thinner soup.
Season with more salt and pepper as needed; ladle into bowls, garnish with Parmesan cheese, and serve.
If you enjoyed this recipe on 31 Daily, you might also enjoy:
- Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Best Easy Instant Pot Tomato Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Curried Red Lentil Soup with Coconut Milk
- Instant Pot Chicken Mulligatawny Soup
- Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
Save this and pin it for later!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram and YoutTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots, chopped or sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry, uncooked pasta (see note)
- 3 cups fresh baby kale
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function and add the olive oil. Once it's heated up, add the ground turkey and cook, breaking apart as necessary until it's no longer pink; about 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, paprika, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking for another minute or so until the spices are fragrant and the veggies begin to cook.
- Cancel the saute function; add the tomatoes, broth, and pasta. Give it a quick stir, cover and turn the vent to seal.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Once finished, quick release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Set the function to saute and stir in the baby kale. Continue to cook until the kale is wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed, ladle into bowls, garnish with fresh parmesan cheese, and serve.
Any small shell variety of dried pasta shape will work well in this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 647mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 18g
31Daily.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although 31Daily.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.