This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This quick and easy Mexican Corn Salad will be a favorite summer side dish all season. It’s healthy and is a simplified, deconstructed version of your favorite elotes. Robust with the warm and spicy flavors of cumin and red pepper. Serve warm or cold, it’s simply delicious.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
Because after all, summer can’t be summer without corn. Be that corn on the cob, cornbread, or this corn salad.
A New Take on Mexican Street Corn
Mexican street corn, or elotes, is a favorite street food. And it is incredible! If you’re not familiar, it’s grilled corn on the cob topped with a spicy sour cream and mayo sauce that is then rolled in cotija cheese. This salad is an easier twist that delivers the same flavors.
How is Mexican Corn Salad Served?
I’m tempted to say… anyway you like. Truly, it’s just as delicious warm as it is cold. When packing for picnics, potlucks, and BBQ’s, it’s easiest to bring cold.
Mexican Corn Salad Dressing
While it is super easy to whisk together a homemade dressing, I happen to have fallen in love with Litehouse Sweet Onion Dressing. Adding a few additions to this dressing makes it perfect for this Mexican Corn Salad.
If you aren’t able to find this dressing, simply substitute 1/2 cup of greek yogurt with 1 teaspoon of sugar or honey.
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
- 4-5 ears of corn, shucked and kernels removed (or two 12 ounce bags of frozen corn)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- Medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or cotija cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Litehouse Sweet Onion Dressing
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne
- Combine the dressing, cumin, and cayenne. Then add the lime juice until you reach desired consistency.
- Heat a drizzle of oil into a large saute pan. To the hot oil add the corn and garlic. Saute about 10 minutes or until the corn begins to char in places. Add the chili powder and salt and pepper to taste; continue to cook for another minute, or until the corn is fragrant. Be sure to stir frequently so it doesn't burn.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn and garlic with the black beans, bell pepper, red onion, and tomatoes. Stir in the fresh cilantro and drizzle the dressing over the salad. Sprinkle with feta. Serve warm or cold.
If you can't find Litehouse Sweet Onion Dressing, substitute 1/2 cup greek yogurt with 1 teaspoon sugar or honey.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g