Roasted Street Corn Pizza with Pancetta and Tomatoes is an easy game day party food or Friday night classic that’s as easy as it is delicious!
Packed with roasted vegetables, it’s quickly becoming a family pizza favorite in my house. And will serve a crowd in either a large pie, like this one, or two smaller, medium size pies.
Simple Roasted Street Corn Pizza Ingredients
These simple ingredients make for a quick to make pizza!
1-pound pizza dough: an easy store-bought dough to find at your market in either the frozen or fresh produce section. Trader Joes and Whole Foods both have a ready supply. Or — make your own ahead and have ready to go. Be sure to bring it to room temperature before shaping the pie. The dough will make a large family size — or two medium-size pizzas.
Corn: while it’s delicious to cut the corn from the cob, frozen corn is simple and just as yummy! I like to pan roast the corn with spices before topping the pizza, but if time is short — simply sprinkle the frozen corn on top of the dough.
Cheeses: I sprinkle cheese to taste on this pizza, but a good rule of thumb is two cups of shredded mozzarella to 1 cup of grated cotija cheese or goat cheese Feta.
Meat: I love diced pancetta on this pizza. It gives an added flavor boost that is incredible! I find it already diced at Trader Joes but in a pinch, crumbled cooked bacon is just as delicious! I mean… you can never go wrong with corn and bacon!
Vegetables: Chopped green onions, halved cherry or grape tomatoes, corn — of course.
Pantry Ingredients: olive oil for the base, spices of chili powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup roasted or sautéed corn
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated cotija cheese or goat cheese Feta, divided
- 1/4 cup diced pancetta or cooked crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Lightly flour a rimless baking sheet, pizza pan or pizza peel.
- In a nonstick skillet with 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter, roast the corn, chili powder, and cumin until the corn begins to brown.
- On a floured surface shape the dough into 2 rounds. Let the dough sit for 5 minutes to rest and restretch the dough if necessary. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet or pan.
- Spread the oil over the top of each pizza and then sprinkle with the garlic. Next, add the mozzarella, most of the cotija, the roasted spiced corn, chopped green onions, halved cherry tomatoes, and minced bacon or pancetta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with red pepper flakes, and squeeze a lime to taste over the pie. Add any reserved cotija cheese and squeeze a lime wedge over the pizza.
The dough can either be made into a large family size pizza using a 16-inch pizza pan or stone or cut in half to make 2 medium size pizzas. Watch the oven as they cook quickly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware, Pizza Pan, 16-inch
- UNICOOK Heavy Duty Ceramic Pizza Grilling Stone, Baking Stone, Pizza Pan, Perfect for Oven, BBQ and Grill, Thermal Shock Resistant, Durable and Safe, 15x12 Inch Rectangular, 6.6Lbs
- Chef Pomodoro Aluminum Metal Pizza Peel with Foldable Wood Handle for Easy Storage 12-Inch x 14-Inch, Gourmet Luxury Pizza Paddle for Baking Homemade Pizza Bread
- OXO Good Grips 4-Inch Pizza Wheel and Cutter