Brownies. Are you a fudgy brownies fan or a cakey brownies fan? What if I told you it’s possible to have both?
No need to choose with these decadent, family size Fudgy and Cakey Brownies. They are absolutely delicious and decadent.
And my guys love them.
They bake in a 9″ x 13″ size pan and stand an inch tall when cut. A perfect blend of fudgy and cakey.
And harmony is always good in a family. Especially with chocolate.
So if you’re a fan of either, give these a try and see if they satisfy both camps… the fudgy brownie people and the cakey brownie people.
For us, they are perfect! And a lovely weekend treat.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray or grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla at medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- In a saucepan over low heat or in a microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and sugar. Stir and heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is hot but not bubbling. This will dissolve the sugar and help give brownies that shiny top.
- Add the hot butter and sugar mixture to the egg and cocoa mixture; stir until smooth. Add the flour and chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the brownies for 28 to 32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. They should feel set on the edges and moist but not uncooked in the center. Cool on a rack before cutting into squares and serving.
These brownies freeze really well. I usually cut them into serving size pieces and wrap each individually with plastic wrap and freeze in a freezer bag. Perfect for lunches!
This recipe was written using Dutch-process cocoa powder. If using regular unsweetened cocoa powder, I would recommend reducing the amount to 1 cup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g