If you’re looking for a quick, hearty soup, you’ll love this Instant Pot Split Pea Soup with Ham and Vegetables. Incredibly simple in the pressure cooker and robust in comfort. It’s everything you love about split pea soup with convenience – no soaking required!
I can’t believe how easy this Instant Pot Split Pea Soup is to make. And delicious? Um… incredibly so. Soup lovers, you have to try this!
Whether it’s a quick and satisfying lunch… or even dinner. It just fits the bill when you’re craving split pea. Which I always seem to do when the calendar turns to spring. Or winter. Okay… all year long. It’s just who I am. Soup twelve months of the year.
Why I Love This Recipe
I don’t really like the term “dump”. It’s just a “word” thing with me. But, it aptly describes this soup. To the bowl of a pressure cooker, you will add all of the ingredients. Pour 4 cups of water over the veggies, add the seasoning, and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. That’s it.
Frequently Asked Questions?
This is a great way to use leftover ham from the holidays. Or, simply buy some thick sliced ham from the deli counter. If you happen to have a couple of ham hocks in the freezer, throw them in too!
This soup recipe will serve 4. But if you have eaters with generous appetites, double the batch. Plus, it freezes well too.
A few more recipes you might enjoy:
- Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup with Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Green Lentil Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Corn Chowder with Rotisserie Chicken
- Best Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Mulligatawny Soup Recipe
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Simple Instant Pot Split Pea Soup with Ham and Vegetables
- 2-3 red potatoes chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1-1/2 cups split peas rinsed and picked over
- 1 cup ham cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups water
- In the bowl of the pressure cooker, add the red potatoes, carrot, celery, onion, split peas, and ham. Cover with 4 cups of water, the bay leaf, allspice, salt and pepper to taste. Cover the Instant Pot and lock the lid. Select Manual Pressure and cook at high pressure for 8 minutes. When done, allow the pressure cooker to naturally release the pressure.
- Discard the bay leaf, ladle into bowls to serve. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.