Lemon Drizzle Raspberry Yogurt Cake is a sweet, moist, incredibly tender cake that’s an easy-to-make treat you’ll love. With bright flavors sweetened by fresh raspberries, is it a soft, delicious dessert for teatime, holidays, snacking, or, dare I mention, breakfast? Yes… to all!
If you love sweet and tender cakes, this is definitely a treat you’ll want to try. It’s nearly effortless and almost foolproof. And delicious? Think fresh lemons and sweetened raspberries, a combination made in heaven.
And if you’ve not ever made a yogurt cake, you’re in for a treat. Yogurt helps maintain moisture and lends creaminess to cakes, giving them a rather irresistible and almost old-fashioned flavor.
What to Love About Lemon Drizzle Raspberry Yogurt Cake
- It combines two incredible desserts, Lemon Drizzle, and Yogurt Cake.
- Bright citrus flavor, tender crumb, and pops of sweetness with raspberries.
- Ready in about 1 hour.
Baking Substitutions with Yogurt
It’s easy to substitute Greek yogurt in recipes containing the following ingredients. It’s an easy, delicious 1:1 substitution. Here are a few ideas:
- Butter: 1 cup of butter to 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- Sour Cream: 1 cup of sour cream to 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- Oil: 1 cup of oil to 1 cup of yogurt
- Heavy Cream: 1 cup of heavy cream to 1 cup of yogurt
Raspberry Yogurt Cake Ingredients
The exact measurements are in the recipe card below, but here is what you will need for the cake, lemon drizzle, and lemon glaze (if using):
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Kosher salt
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Vegetable oil
- Granulated sugar: for the cake and drizzle, powdered sugar for the glaze
- Large eggs
- Fresh lemons for zest and juice
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries
Helpful Kitchen Tools
One of the beautiful things about this easy yogurt cake recipe is that it requires no fancy equipment. It’s easy to make in a bowl (or two) and a whisk. Here are the tools I use when making this easy cake recipe:
- 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 inch loaf pan
- Parchment paper to line the bottom of the pan
- Whisk to combine the ingredients, and a spatula to fold in the dry ingredients and fresh berries.
- And, of course, a couple of mixing bowls.
How to Make Raspberry Yogurt Cake
Step-by-step instructions are in the recipe card below, but here is a quick overview:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf pan. Then line the bottom with parchment paper, leaving an overhang for easy removal from the pan.
In a small bowl, toss raspberries with 1 teaspoon flour until coated and set aside. In a bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Then sift in the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Finally, carefully fold in the flour-coated fresh raspberries and transfer to a loaf pan.
Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes. Meanwhile, make the lemon drizzle by simmering the juice and sugar until dissolved.
Once baked, let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Using the overhang, remove it from the pan and set it on a cool rack with a drip pan underneath. Brush the warm cake generously with lemon drizzle.
Glaze the cake after it has cooled.
More Desserts You Will Also Love
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Lemon Drizzle Raspberry Yogurt Cake
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/4 loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment, leaving a two-inch overhang on both sides.
- In a small bowl, toss raspberries with 1 teaspoon flour until coated and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, and oil. Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt into the yogurt mixture and stir just until combined. Be careful not to overmix. Carefully fold raspberries into the batter and transfer to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until a cake tester placed into the center of the loaf comes out clean and the loaf is golden.
- While the cake is baking, making the lemon drizzle. In a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer the lemon juice and sugar until the sugar dissolves; about 2 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Carefully remove it from the loaf pan and set on a cooling rack with a sheet pan underneath. Brush the warm cake generously with lemon drizzle.
- If you want glaze the cake, let it cool completely. Then combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth and drizzle over the top.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.