Celebrating spring with an easy Strawberry Almond Cake is a delicious endeavor. This dense yet tender cake is filled with fresh strawberries, dappled with sliced almonds, and dusted with powdered sugar.
How to make this strawberry almond cake
This dense Strawberry Almond Cake is slightly sweet, with a hint of orange zest. Fresh strawberries make this easy cake irresistibly delicious.
Combine the easy ingredient: Combine two kinds of sugar, sour cream, butter, eggs, orange zest, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer. Here’s where the work comes in — but it’s all in the hands of the mixer. You’ll cream these ingredients together until they’re light and fluffy; 2 to 3 minutes. This step is important to lighten the texture of the cake.
Add in the dry ingredients: Once the butter and egg mixture is light and fluffy, you’ll gradually add the dry ingredient to the wet. Be sure not to over mix, just until all of the flour is incorporated. Then, you will gently fold in the fresh, sliced strawberries.
Baking the cake: Bake this strawberry almond cake in a 350-degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until the center of the cake is baked. Let it cool before slicing into wedges and dusting with powdered sugar.
Kitchen Tools That Make Life Easy
The following are affiliate links that may result in a small referral credit to us.
Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer: a stand mixer I use nearly every day
Offset Spatula: Not absolutely necessary but a kitchen tool I use frequently for frosting, spreading.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of orange zest (up to 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9-inch springform pan or tart pan with baking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the sugar, brown sugar, sour cream, oil, butter, eggs, orange zest, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until the mixture is well combined. Scrape the side of the bowl as necessary.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, beating until the mixture is just combined. Fold in one cup of the strawberries.
- Spoon the batter and spread evenly into the prepared pan. An offset spatula makes this job easy. Gently press the remaining strawberries onto the top of the cake and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before carefully removing the sides. Cool completely before transferring to a serving platter and slicing into wedges. Top with confectioners' sugar if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 481mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 6g