What to Cook (Feb 17-21): Clean Eating Dinners
Five nights of healthy, easy, clean eating dinners perfect for a winter’s night. They’re hearty but simple so you can get dinner on the table in no time. It’s what’s for dinner this week!
We’re eating clean this week after a weekend of feasting and treating on Valentine’s Day. It’s back to healthy, delicious, and easy recipes to get dinner on the table in no time.
After a week of baking treats, celebrating not only Valentine’s Day but my father’s birthday as well, oh goodness. It’s time to get back on the healthy wagon.
My only deviation from the plan may be to make President George Washington’s favorite Green Peas Soup in his honor on Monday. Otherwise, it’s all about my favorite Tuscan Bean Soup!
Tuesday will be a slow cooker night, and I know you love those! The rest of the week are simple to prepare foods like a skillet dinner, a sheet pan fish florentine, and a Friday night Burrito bowl.
The treat is clean eating, delicious and super, super fast!
What is Clean Eating
Clean eating is all about whole foods like vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and healthy fats and proteins. It’s also about cutting down on packaged and processed foods, limiting sugar and sodium.
Clean Eating Foods to Eat
The following list is compiled by Eating Well Magazine.
- Canned fruit with no added sugar
- Frozen fruit with no added sugar
- Dried fruit with no added sugar
- 100% fruit juice
- Any fresh vegetable
- Frozen vegetables with no sauce or added salt
- Canned vegetables with no sauce or added salt
- Single-ingredient grains, such as farro, millet, oats, barley, quinoa, brown rice, etc.
- Whole-wheat pasta
- Sprouted whole-grain bread and English muffins (with no added sugar)
- Whole-wheat pizza dough
- Plain yogurt
- Unsweetened nondairy milks
- Single-ingredient meats: chicken breast, chicken legs, ground beef, etc.
- Seafood (choose sustainable options, such as wild salmon and Pacific cod)
- Unflavored nuts (e.g., almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, walnuts)
- Plain nut butters (no added sugar)
- Dried beans
- Canned beans (rinse to reduce sodium by 35%)
Clean Eating Dinners… a week of delicious and nutrient-packed whole foods.!
Have a great week everyone!
RELATED: More 31Daily Dinner Ideas >>
Deliver to Your Email!
Deliver these weekly dinner menus to your email inbox Sunday mornings. Tap the box below!
What to Eat This Week: Clean Eating Dinners
Monday: Ribollita – Tuscan Bean Soup
Tuesday: Slow-Cooker Mediterranean Chicken & Orzo
Wednesday: Healthy Sweet Potato Hash
Thursday: Sheet Pan Salmon Florentine
Friday: Farro Burrito Bowls
Treat: Healthy Banoffee Parfaits
More Weekly Dinner Plans
Check out all our weekly dinner meal plans here……