These Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies are a bit different than your average cookie. Deliciously moist and chewy with zucchini, healthy with whole wheat flour, and utterly yummy with warm spices of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. And, chocolate chips, of course!
When the growing season is at its very peak, when the long days of summer stretch endlessly, as does your zucchini crop if you live in the Northwest, these cookies will satisfy your cravings … with an autumnal nod toward the upcoming, much anticipated season.
Whole wheat flour gives these delightful morsels a hearty and healthful update. Chocolate chips just give it a bit of extra yumminess.
When you’re craving chocolate chip cookies and it happens to be zucchini season — or you have one waiting to be used… you might love to try these utterly delicious but somewhat unique cookies.
If you’re a Zucchini Bread fan, as am I, you will love them! In fact, I have several zucchini bread recipes on the site. The one linked above is my all-time favorite, but you might want to try my Healthy Morning Zucchini Bread recipe that’s perfect for breakfast.
And if you’re a chocolate chip zucchini fan, the Chunk Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Shredded Coconut is really, really yummy!
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
Gather these ingredients to make your own delicious zucchini cookies. The exact measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post:
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Butter, softened to room temperature
- Large eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Whole wheat flour
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Fresh zucchini, shredded
- Chocolate chips
More Recipes You May Also Enjoy
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour (or half all-purpose, half whole wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Begin by shredding the zucchini. Using a paper towel, wring out as much liquid as you can from the zucchini.
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until smooth.
- Then add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and zucchini. Mix until just until combined and there are no dry flour streaks visible. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes or until the cookies begin to spring back after touching them. Cool and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g