This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
An Asparagus Tart so easy, you almost can’t believe it. Incredibly delicious and perfect for Brunch season with tender asparagus and grated cheese on store-bought puff pastry.
It’s minutes in the making. A beautiful presentation… and anyone can make it!
Plus… only 5 ingredients are needed!
Asparagus Tart Ingredients
- Sheet store-bought Puff Pastry
- Shredded Mozarella (or your favorite cheese) and Parmesan
- Thin asparagus
- Olive oil
How to Make an Asparagus Tart
Thaw one sheet of puff pastry either overnight in the refrigerator, or on the counter for about an hour.
When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. While the oven is heating, trim the tough, woody ends from the asparagus and set aside.
Once the pastry is thawed, unfold and roll out the dough lightly until the folding lines disappear.
Transfer the puff pastry and the parchment paper directly to the baking sheet.
Brush the pastry with olive oil, sprinkle half of the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the pastry. Then, line up the asparagus over the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and drizzle olive oil over the tart and asparagus.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and the asparagus has cooked.
Garnishing the Asparagus Tart
The garnish takes the tart from delicious to pretty and even more delicious!
Once the tart is baked, season with salt (I prefer sea salt) and freshly ground black pepper. I also like to add a pinch of red pepper flakes, but that if purely optional.
Scatter fresh pea shoots or microgreens over the tart for a flourish of flavor and texture.
More Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Breakfast Tart with Bacon and Eggs: Brunch Perfect
- How to Roast Asparagus: Quick and Easy Method
- Cream of Asparagus Soup
- 1 sheet store bought Puff Pastry
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozarella (or your favorite cheese)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch thin asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thaw one sheet of puff pastry overnight in the refrigerator or on the counter.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus to remove the tough woody stems.
- Once the pastry is thawed, unfold and roll out the dough until the folding lines disappear. Transfer the puff pastry dough and the parchment paper directly to the baking sheet.
- Brush the pastry with olive oil, sprinkle half of the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the pastry. Line up the asparagus over the cheese and then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Drizzle remaining olive oil over the tart and asparagus.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and the asparagus has cooked.
- Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes if using. Sprinkle pea shoots or microgreens over the tart before serving.
- pea shoots or microgreens
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 196mgSodium: 325mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g