Blueberry Coffee Cake
As summer blueberries ripen on the vine, a Blueberry Coffee Cake shouldn’t be far behind. Moist and delicious, it’s a classic coffee cake you will love.
The streusel topping gives this blueberry buckle old fashioned charm and delicious cinnamon buttery flavor.
With three-quarters of an hour in the oven — and long days of summer ahead, this Blueberry Buckle Coffee Cake is one to savor.
Unless your house is like mine, filled with boys who love their sweets. Then, it might be minutes to enjoy that summer goodness.
In any case, you’ll love each and every bite.
How to Make Blueberry Coffee Cake
Begin by making the streusel. Combine butter, sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix with a fork to make the crumbly topping.
For the cake, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl beat together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until creamy. Then add the flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk. Mix until just combined and fold in the blueberries.
Pour the batter into a greased cake pan and sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the batter.
Bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and a cake tester comes out mostly clean.
What I Love About This Coffee Cake
- It’s an old-fashioned classic summer coffee cake that never ages.
- Filled with juicy blueberries, it’s perfect with a cup of coffee. Happy sigh.
- The streusel topping adds a delightful cinnamon crust ontop of a moist soft cake.
- A year around favorite made with frozen blueberries in the dead of winter.
- It’s easy!
More Blueberry Recipes
- Easy Blueberry Scones with Lemon Butter Glaze
- 2 Minute Blueberry Crisp in a Mug
- Healthy Morning Blueberry Muffins
- Blueberry Crostata
- Fresh and Easiest Ever Open Face Blueberry Pie
Blueberry Coffee Cake
Blueberry Buckle Coffee Cake
As summer approaches and the blueberries ripen on the vines, I love to make a classic, old-fashioned favorite. Blueberry Buckle Coffee Cake.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter or grease an 8 or 9-inch square pan or 9-inch round cake pan. Set aside.
- Make Streusel: Combine butter, sugar, flour, and cinnamon with a fork to make a crumbly topping.
- For the Cake: Whisk together 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl or stand mixer beat together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk, until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle streusel topping evenly over the batter.
- Bake the cake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and a cake tester comes out mostly clean. Let cool in the pan for until cooled. Serve warm or room temperature.
- Best served the day it's made, but can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for a couple of days. To freeze, cool completely. Then double wrap and store in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
Oh my gosh this looks amazing I’m going to make it when my son and family come for a few days in a week from now thx so much , I have to make it though with gluten free flour there’s a hand full of us who are gluten free thx again Cindy
It’s so good! You are so fortunate to have a visit from family. I hope you have a wonderful time — I know you will! Would love to hear how this turns out with gluten-free flour!!