Instant Pot Zucchini and Lemon Quinoa is a 1 minute quick and easy summer side dish or salad. A burst of lemon and savory dill make this simple dish light, bright, and refreshingly delicious.
It’s always a favorite in our house, best described as a cross between rice pilaf and a grain salad. Super simple and satisfying.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Zucchini and Lemon Quinoa
Almost anything, in my book. But a pan-seared shrimp, salmon, or grilled chicken breast pairs especially well with this light and bright dish.
How to Make Instant Pot Zucchini and Lemon Quinoa
Into the bowl of an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, add olive oil, chopped zucchini, salt, rinsed quinoa, and water. Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and be sure the valve is set to “sealing”.
Set the manual high-pressure setting for 1 minute. Once cooked, let the pressure release naturally.
Remove the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Toss with lemon juice, zest, and fresh dill. Serve warm or cold.
Whenever I serve this dish warm, I immediately set some back for tomorrow’s lunch. Where I will drizzle a bit of olive oil over the quinoa and reward myself with a delicious salad!
Is Quinoa a Grain?
Quinoa is often considered to be a grain, but it’s actually a seed. “The yellowish pods are the seed of a plant called Chenopodium quinoa, native to Peru and related to beets, chard, and spinach,” writes Nicole Spiridakis in a story for NPR.
Is Quinoa Gluten-Free?
According to the Whole Grains Council, quinoa is a gluten-free, whole-grain carbohydrate, as well as a whole protein (meaning it contains all nine essential amino acids).
More Quinoa Recipes
- Healthy Breakfast Quinoa with Blueberries
- How to Perfect Cook 1 Minute Instant Pot Quinoa
- Easy Southwestern Chicken Quinoa Bake with Spinach
- Skillet Italian Chicken Quinoa Bake
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice plus zest (from 1 lemon)
- Crumbled feta cheese for serving (optional)
- Into the bowl of an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, add the olive oil, chopped zucchini, salt, rinsed quinoa, and water.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and be sure the valve is set to "sealing". Select manual high pressure and cook for 1 minute. Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Once the Instant Pot has naturally released the pressure, remove the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Toss with the lemon juice, zest, and fresh dill.
Refrigerate leftovers for a delicious salad drizzled with olive oil.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 492mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g