This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Italian Chicken Quinoa Bake is a quick and easy one pot skillet meal that’s protein-packed, healthy, and incredibly delicious flavored with Italian spices we love. And cheese… of course. Plus it’s so simple, it makes this quinoa bake a perfect weeknight meal.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
Ingredients include cooked chicken and quinoa, spinach, cherry tomatoes, green onions, marinara sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
Speaking of quinoa bakes… if you love quinoa and are (as am I) looking for new ways to incorporate it into your recipe rotation, you might want to try our Southwestern Chicken Quinoa Bake. Equally delicious with southwest flavors, black beans, and corn. Yum!
Make Ahead Tips
I highly recommend cooking your chicken and quinoa ahead. In fact, using leftover rotisserie chicken is my first choice. Secondly, I will cook and shred a couple of boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs the night before and shred.
YOU MIGHT LIKE: How to Perfectly Cook 1 Minute Instant Pot Quinoa
The quinoa is an easy fix early in the week. Simply follow the package instructions and refrigerate until needed.
Quinoa Bake Assembly
With the chicken and quinoa already cooked, this meal comes together quickly with a simple ingredient toss in a large bowl. Spread the quinoa into a 12-inch oven safe skillet that’s been lightly coated with cooking spray. Top with shredded cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
If you love Italian spiced dishes like spaghetti and chicken parm… you’ll love this quinoa version. Truly, it seems like I’m making this every week! Plus, it makes quite a bit, which makes it eligible for next-day lunches.
Always a bonus in my book!
More Recipes You May Also Enjoy
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Skillet Italian Chicken Quinoa Bake
- 1 ½ cups uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3-4 green onions chopped
- 1 ½ cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Or cook the quinoa the night before, which makes this an incredibly quick and easy dinner. Once cooked, remove from heat and transfer the cooked quinoa into a large bowl.
- Fold in the cooked chicken, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, spinach, tomatoes, garlic, green onions, and marinara sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
- Lightly spray a 12-inch oven-safe skillet with non-stick spray, and transfer the mixture into the skillet. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese; bake for about 20 -25 minutes, or until the top layer of cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and garnish with more chopped green onions and serve.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.