This Quinoa Salad is a favorite healthy salad, packed with vegetables and herbs, and perfect for lunches, picnics, and sides.
Much like the always popular Costco Quinoa Salad, this simple-to-make salad is filled with fresh cucumber, red bell pepper, chickpeas, and fresh parsley.
What I Love About This Quinoa Salad
Some simple reasons I’m absolutely in love with this salad.
- Ingredients are fresh, healthy, and flavorful.
- The lemon olive oil dressing with garlic and cumin brings the flavors together deliciously.
- It keeps in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- A perfect make-ahead salad for picnics, lunches, and road trips.
How Long Does it take to Make this Quinoa Salad?
The short answer? As long as the quinoa takes to cook!
While the quinoa is cooking, prep the vegetables for the salad and combines the dressing ingredients. By that time, the quinoa is usually ready.
I like to cook the quinoa in the Instant Pot, which takes 1 minute plus time to come and release pressure. For me, very often, it’s completed within 15 to 20 minutes.
Ingredients for Quinoa Salad
Gather these simple ingredients for this easy quinoa salad. Specific measurements and instructions are found in the recipe card below.
- Uncooked quinoa
- Canned chickpeas
- Red bell pepper
- Large tomato
- Baby spinach leaves
- Fresh parsley
For the dressing, you will need the following:
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon (juice and zest)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Minced garlic
- salt and pepper
How to Make the Salad
This simple summer, healthy salad recipe is made quickly and easily with these three steps.
Begin by cooking the quinoa, according to package instructions. If you have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, it takes only a minute. See our Instant Pot Quinoa recipe to read more.
Once cooked, fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl. Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas.
Chop the vegetables and herbs; add to the bowl with quinoa and chickpeas and toss together.
Add the dressing ingredients into a small bowl or lidded jar. Whisk or shake to combine and then pour over the salad. Toss to incorporate.
Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Perfect for Picnics
For me, this salad is perfect for picnics. Assemble in lidded jars, gather some fruit, sunglasses… and a favorite book.
It’s rather heavenly to enjoy the outdoors!
How Long will the Quinoa Salad Keep?
The salad will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Although I like it best when used within a couple of days.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. If you have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, it cooks in one-minute. See our Instant Pot Quinoa post for specifics.
- In a large bowl add the cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, spinach, and parsley; toss to combine.
- To Make the Dressing: Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, vinegar, sugar, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl or lidded jar. Whisk or shake until completely combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients; toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Additions You Might Like:
- Red pepper flakes
- Chopped Avocado
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 558mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 8g