This Asian Coconut Curry Noodle Soup recipe with shrimp is a simple adaptation of Laksa, popular street food in Malaysia and Singapore. Full of robust and warming flavors it is incredibly simple to make at home, ready in under 30 minutes!
This Asian Coconut Curry Noodle Soup recipe, filled with bold flavors and with handfuls of juicy shrimp is the best kind of soup in my book — Easy to make at home.
Well, plus, it has to be incredibly flavorful, warm up your toes, and fill your kitchen with a sumptuous aroma.
And pretty. But what curry-flavored dish isn’t pretty? Or delicious?
This easy noodle soup is perfect for weeknight dinners or simple weekend eats at home. It’s a soup with a punch of flavors, so rewardingly simple.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Simply leave out the shrimp – if you want to add another protein, tofu would be a great option here. You can also add tofu alongside the shrimp if you want to bulk it out more.
It really depends on what brands of curry powder and curry paste you use!
Yes, egg noodles would be less authentic, but still tasty.
If you enjoyed this recipe on 31 Daily, you might also enjoy:
- Instant Pot Chicken Pho Broth Recipe with Chicken Thighs
- Spicy Ginger Ground Pork Noodles with Bok Choy
- Pad Thai Soup with Beef and Rice Noodles
- Thai Rice Noodle Soup with Bok Choy and Thai Nam Prik Sauce
- Best Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup Recipe
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Asian Coconut Curry Noodle Soup with Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 6 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger minced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6.75 ounces of rice noodles
- Garnish with lime or lemon wedges cilantro, pickled jalapeños, scallions, sambal chili paste, fried shallots or garlic.
- Heat the coconut oil in a Dutch Oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic, ginger, curry paste and curry powder; stir to combine and cook for another minute.
- Add the broth; scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Then add the coconut milk; bring to a boil before adding the shrimp. Continue to cook another 1 to 2 minutes until the shrimp have cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, boil 3 to 4 quarts of water. Once the water is boiling, add the rice noodles and cook for 2 to 3 minutes; drain.
- Divide noodles among the bowls. Ladle the curry soup over the noodles. Garnish with lime or lemon wedges, cilantro, and scallions.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.