This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Greek Chicken with Cucumber Salad is an easy, refreshing meal with herbed yogurt coated chicken seared quickly in a skillet, and served with fresh cucumber and tomato salad.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
A delightfully easy and delicious summer dinner that will remind you of Souvlaki, one of our favorite seasonal meals.
The salad is a combination of salted and drained cucumbers and tomatoes tossed with feta, Greek yogurt, and Greek olives.
It’s simple, utterly scrumptious… and healthy too!
What is Greek Food?
I absolutely love Greek and Mediterranean food and have posted some of my favorite Greek recipes here at 31Daily.
If you’re unfamiliar with Greek food, or wonder what makes it different and so incredibly popular, here’s what I love about the cuisine:
Greek Chicken Ingredients
The exact measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post, but here’s a list of what you will need:
- Thin-cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts (you can also substitute boneless skinless chicken thighs if you prefer)
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Garlic cloves
- Dried oregano (or mint can be substituted or added for additional flavor)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad Ingredients
- 1/2 cup reserved yogurt marinade
- English cucumbers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Kalamata olives (if you’re not a fan of Greek olives, you can eliminate them from the salad)
How to Make Greek Chicken with Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad
Step-by-step instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. Here’s an overview:
The base of this dish is a yogurt sauce that is similar to Tzatziki sauce. This will be used in two different ways. First as a briny dressing for the salad and secondly as a marinade for the chicken.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Reserve and set aside 1/2 of the mixture for the salad. Add oregano to the remaining yogurt.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, add to the remaining yogurt, turn to coast, and set aside.
- Chop the cucumbers and tomato, sprinkle with salt, and add to a colander to drain.
- Cook and sear the chicken in a skillet untiled cooked through.
- With the reserved yogurt mixture you set aside in the beginning, add the feta, drained cucumbers and tomatoes and seasoned with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and serve with the chicken.
More Recipes You May Also Love
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Greek Chicken with Yogurt Cucumber, Tomato and Feta Salad
- 1 ½ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves finely grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound thin-cut boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 to 2 English cucumbers cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10- ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus more as needed
- 4 ounces feta crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- ½ cup Kalamata olives pitted and halved
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt and garlic; season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve and set aside 1/2 cup for the salad. With the remaining yogurt, add the dried oregano.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the oregano seasoned yogurt and turn to coat and set aside.
- While the chicken is sitting in the yogurt, begin the salad. Cut the cucumbers first in half and then into 1-inch pieces from each half. If using an English cucumber, you will not need to remove the seeds. Set them in a colander over the sink or a bowl. Then half the cherry tomatoes and add to the cucumbers. Sprinkle 1 ½ teaspoon of salt and toss to combine. Leave in the colander to drain.
- In a large nonstick or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium. Remove excess yogurt marinade from the chicken and cook in the skillet until well browned and releases from the pan; about 5 to 7 minutes. Turn and cook on the other side until cooked through; another 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate to rest.
- With the reserved yogurt, add the feta and mash together with a fork until it has a paste-like texture. Shake the cucumbers and tomatoes to remove excess moisture. Add to the feta yogurt mixture along with the Greek olives, if using. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the chicken.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.