A 1-hour homemade French Bread recipe that’s is easy to make, soft and flavorful, and ready in an hour. Fresh home-baked bread warm from your oven.
Homemade French Bread in an Hour
Can you imagine a fresh loaf of Homemade French Bread you can bake in an hour?
It’s possible… and delicious! Just imagine… you’re one hour to warm homemade bread straight from the oven to your table.
With simple ingredients, a few minutes prep, a 20-minute or so rise, and the remaining minutes in the oven. It’s delicious… and the aroma of baking bread spreads through your whole house.
French Bread Ingredients
This recipe calls for an instant or rapid-rise yeast, which can be added directly to
Do You Love Italian Bread?
This French bread recipe easily converts to Italian bread with the addition of herbs.
Instead of brushing the loaf with water before baking, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake as directed below.
RELATED: More 31Daily Bread Recipes →
Homemade French Bread Ingredients
Specific measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make your own French Bread:
- Rapid rise yeast (instant yeast)
- All-purpose flour
More Bread Recipes You May Also Enjoy
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packets instant or rapid rise yeast (1 tablespoon)
- 3 ½ - 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine 2 cups of flour, water, honey, salt, and yeast. I like to use a stand mixer with the dough hook, but this dough can easily be combined in a large bowl. Add additional flour to the mixture until the dough becomes firm and no longer sticky.
- Knead dough in the bowl of a stand mixer or floured surface about 5 minutes. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes. Punch down the dough, removing all air bubbles.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the risen dough to the sheetpan. Shape into a loaf form. With very sharp knife, make 2 or 3 diagonal slashes across the top of the French Bread. Brush the loaf with cold water and bake 20 to 30 minutes.
To make an Italian version of this French bread -- before baking, brush the top of the loaf with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with an Italian seasoning.