This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Instant Pot Taco Mac and Cheese with ground beef (or turkey!) is a quick, 4-minute dinner packed with tender meat, macaroni and, of course, melty, delicious cheese. Frankly, it’s a weeknight dream packed with Mexican-inspired flavors the whole family will love!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
With no chopping or extra prep you’re going to love this Instant Pot Taco Mac and Cheese recipe. Simple, straightforward… and yummy!
When your days are crazy and the nights are full with homework, household chores, family activities… or just when you’re tired and need a cooking break, this is a simple go-to solution.
And the ingredients? Mostly pantry ingredients you likely have on hand. It’s simple, but delicious. Because honestly, who doesn’t love tacos and mac and cheese?
In the pressure cooker or Instant Pot? It’s a quick and easy cleanup dinner that has you off to the next thing. Even if that is taking a break on the couch!
Gather these pantry staple ingredients you likely already have on hand!
- Ground beef or ground turkey
- Taco Seasoning (store bought or make your own with 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 1/2 tsp cumin)
- Elbow macaroni
- Chicken or beef broth
- Spinach Leaves (This isn’t strictly necessary but I always add greens when I can)
- Mexican Shredded Cheese
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Just sub in gluten free noodles.
Some more Instant Pot recipes you might enjoy!
- Best Instant Pot Chili Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Italian Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice and Beans (no tomato sauce!)
- Easy Instant Pot Turkey Soup with Pasta and Tomato
- BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes (Instant Pot!)
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. If you make this recipe I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Instant Pot Taco Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb ground turkey or ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or beef
- 12 oz dry macaroni 1 box
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3-4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute function. Once hot, cook the ground meat until there is no traces of pink. Drain off any cooking juices.
- Stir in the taco seasoning or 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 1/2 tsp cumin along with salt. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the broth and scrape the bottom to remove any browned bits on the bottom of the pot. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add the uncooked macaroni and top with salsa, but do not stir in. Press the pasta down so that it is submerged in the liquid. Attach the Instant Pot lid and turn the valve to sealing.
- Select the manual or Pressure Cook setting and cook for 3 minutes. Once cooked, naturally release the pressure for 4 minutes before quickly releasing any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and switch to the saute function. Add the spinach and stir the macaroni to blend. Then stir in the milk and shredded cheese. Continue stirring until the cheese is melted and the spinach is wilted and cooked through. Add additional milk if desired.
- chopped cilantro or parsley
- diced tomato
- sour cream
- red chili flakes
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.