If you have 10 minutes, this White Bean Salad is for you. Packed with healthy protein, this creamy salad is filled with fresh vegetables and herbs. And then dressed in a deliciously simple vinaigrette.
I did mention easy, right? Honestly, it’s easy and so worth the make!
The Beans in White Bean Salad
This salad works with any white bean like Great Northern, Cannellini, or Navy Beans. In the photos, I’ve used homemade navy beans because I’d just make an Instant Pot batch for the week.
In the recipe, we call for two, 15-ounce cans of beans, rinsed and drained. However, I will often cook a batch of dry beans to add to recipes throughout the week. For the salad, I use about 3 cups of homemade beans.
Simple White Bean Salad Ingredients
WHITE BEANS – drained and rinsed well
PEPPERS – a bell pepper works great, or like me, any pretty pepper you find in your garden. And any color too!
PARSLEY – this is the icing on the “cake” so to speak. It’s an important flavor component. The salad just isn’t the same without this herb.
RED ONION – while this onion is very similar in flavor to a yellow onion, it’s often used in salads for it’s somewhat milder flavor and pretty color.
TOMATOES – use seven to eight cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered into bites size pieces.
GARLIC – added to the vinaigrette, the garlic gives this salad its punchy, delicious flavor!
OLIVE OIL – a good quality.
WHITE WINE VINEGAR – this is added to the olive oil to make the vinaigrette along with lemon juice, a brightening component, and a little honey for sweetness!
How to Make This Easy Bean Salad
Into a medium-size salad bowl, add the beans, pepper, tomatoes, parsley, and red onion. Set aside.
To make the Quick Vinaigrette Dressing:
Into a lidded jar, add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Secure the lid tightly and shake until well combined.
Add the dressing to the White Bean Salad and gently toss the ingredients together. Adjust salt and pepper seasoning as needed.
Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
White Bean Salad
- 2 (15oz) cans white beans (navy, northern, or cannellini), drained and rinsed
- 1 pepper, finely chopped *
- 7-8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, rinely chopped
Quick Vinaigrette Dressing
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 -2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Into a medium size salad bowl, add the beans, pepper, tomatoes, parsley, and red onion. Set aside.
- To make the Quick Vinaigrette Dressing:
- Into a lidded jar, add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Secure the lid tightly and shake until well combined.
- Add the dressing to the White Bean Salad and gently toss the ingredients together. Adjust salt and pepper seasoning as needed.
- Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
I've used a pepper out of our garden in the photo, but choose any pepper you like. Bell peppers lend a sweetness to the salad where poblanos or jalapenos will bring spicy heat.
My guys like a little extra kick in this salad. Consider adding a pinch of red pepper flakes for added zest.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g