What if I said you could have delicious pumpkin scones in 15 minutes or less, give or take a couple?
With 3 ingredients…
Warm from the oven… sweetened with a pumpkin spice glaze?
I almost didn’t post this recipe.
A recipe that’s hardly a recipe with its 3 simple ingredients.
It began as a mistake… and an opportunity.
Millions of us love Starbuck’s Pumpkin Scones or… anyone’s pumpkin scones for that matter.
I am one of those millions.
I accidentally purchased Libby’s Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix instead of Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin a few weeks ago.
And I was really wanting a pumpkin scone.
Thus, the experiment. And it worked. Very well!
It’s not exactly like homemade — but they are really good.
I don’t usually make much of anything with a boxed mix — but it’s incredibly quick and easy — and in 15 minutes or less, you can have a pumpkin scone… and a couple of extras to spare.
More Scone Recipes
- 1 box Fisher Original Fair Scones Mix
- 1/2 cup pumpkin pie mix
- 1/2 cup water
Pumpkin Spice Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- To a medium mixing bowl, add contents of scone mix, 1/2 cup pumpkin pie mix, and about 1/2 cup water. A little more, or a little less depending on the texture.
- Mix until it comes together. Knead 5-6 times in the mixing bowl.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface. I like to use a parchment that I can then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces. For each piece, pat into a 5-inch diameter dome, with the center slighter higher than the outside edges. Cut each dome into 4 wedges. The dough will be slightly sticky.
- Place the scones on an ungreased baking sheet or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the scones are baking, prepare the glaze, adjusting the milk to thin or thicken as desired. Allow the scones to cool about 10 minutes before glazing.
Substituting Canned Pure Pumpkin
If you're using pure pumpkin puree instead of the "pumpkin pie mix" add:
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or:
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g