Irresistibly delicious, these baked Apple Cider Donuts are easy to make, soft and moist, with apple cinnamon flavors that taste like fall in every bite.
And a little healthier too with the addition of greek yogurt.
While these baked donuts are made with using 6-cavity doughnut pans, they can easily be converted into doughnut holes by using a mini muffin pan. Or even baked in standard-size muffin tins with a few extra minutes of baking.
A simple shake with cinnamon sugar finishes them beautifully and deliciously.
Who could resist these perfect fall-flavored Baked Apple Cider Doughnuts? Not anyone in my house.
Old Fashioned Baked Apple Cider Doughnuts
Apple Cider Doughnuts
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 teaspoon nutmeg
- Dash of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two standard doughnut pans.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
Whisk together apple cider, sugar, yogurt, oil, and eggs in a medium bowl. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture, and stir until combined.
- Coat two (6-cavity) doughnut pans with cooking spray. Spoon batter evenly into 12 cavities. Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes or until doughnuts spring back when lightly pressed. Cool in pan for 2 minutes. Invert doughnuts onto a wire rack.
- While the doughnuts are still warm, place 1 or 2 in a paper bag filled with cinnamon-sugar. Gently shake and repeat until all of the doughnuts are coated.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 284mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g