These simple Baked Blueberry Donuts are a burst of summer flavor in every bite. Made with simple pantry ingredients and fresh blueberries, this baked donut recipe is utterly delicious all season. To take them up a notch, we’ve coated them in cinnamon sugar.
I have one word… ok, maybe two. Absolutely. Yum.
Do they need that extra drizzle of glaze? No, they honestly don’t. But I felt indulgent that day and I couldn’t help myself. Plus… they look so pretty dressed up.
And if you’re only going to have one… well, it’s ok. The trick is keeping it to one!
What to Love About This Baked Donut Recipe
There are so many things to love about these blueberry donuts, but here are a few starters:
- Baked donuts are healthier than fried and super easy to make.
- Ready in 10 minutes (baking time).
- Dressed up or down, they are a burst of summer flavor.
One of my favorite activities in the summer is blueberry picking. I adore the large, juicy berries we grow in the Northwest.
Even, an Amish Baked Oatmeal.
At this moment I still have two gallons of frozen blueberries in the freezer that I’m using in everything until our berries ripen. It’s a delicious project!
What You Need to Make Baked Donuts
There are only a couple of tools you need to make these Blueberry Donuts. Otherwise, you can bake the batter in a 12-cup muffin tin for delicious blueberry muffins that taste like donuts!
- Baked Donut Pan (Mine is Wilton — Amazon link)
- Ziplock bag or pastry bag (not strictly necessary but makes it easier)
Ingredients for Baked Blueberry Donuts
Gather these simple, pantry ingredients. Specific measurements are found in the recipe card below.
- Cooking oil
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Large egg
- Vanilla extract
- Granulated sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Ground cinnamon
- Fresh or frozen blueberries
How to Make Baked Blueberry Donuts
Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease two 6-cup donut pans (or a 12-cup muffin pan).
Using one bowl, whisk the oil, milk, yogurt, egg, vanilla, and sugar until combined. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and cinnamon. Then, stir in the blueberries.
Spoon the batter into a ziplock bag (or pastry bag) and snip the corner off. Pipe the batter into the donut pan filling each cavity to 2/3. Bake for 10 minutes.
Let cool before gently releasing the donuts onto a rack to cool. I like to run a knife around the edges as sometimes the berries can stick to the pan.
Once cooled, dip or brush melted butter over the donuts and toss in cinnamon sugar.
If you’re feeling indulgent, drizzle a bit of glaze over the top.
More Homemade Donut Recipes
RATE THIS BAKED DONUT RECIPE ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Did you try these Baked Blueberry Donuts? Rate the recipe below!
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease two 6-cup donut pans or a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, milk, yogurt, egg, vanilla, and sugar until combined. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix until just combined. Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into a ziplock bag or pastry bag and snip off the corner. Pipe the batter into each cavity, filling to 2/3 full. Bake for 10 minutes. If using a muffin tin, bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes before inverting the donuts onto a cooling rack. The berries can stometimes stick the pan so carefully run a knife around the edges to help them release.
- Melt 3 to 4 tablespoons butter and brush over the donuts. Then coat with cinnamon sugar in a shallow bowl or carefully tossed in a bag. Repeat with remaining donuts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g